IGNORED

WTB: Silver 70-73 240Z....15K-20K+

ProjectZZZ

Hi!

Been after a 240Z for 6 months now and no luck on ebay, BAT, autotempest, CL, hemmings, autotrader, cargurus, etc....

I'm probably having  bad luck because everyone is going for the same thing:

-silver original color, were these made in super low volume? my shop said a proper repaint would be 15-20K so trying to get one that is already silver ?

-black interior

-no rust, good body

-as stock as possible

-drives, no major problems

Thought I would give the biggest forums a shot, let me know if you can help!

I'm in CA but willing to fly anywhere in the US to check out any potentials.

1973_Datsun_240Z_1421565044.jpg

Edited by ProjectZZZ

Wow.. a proper repaint costs overhere (the Netherlands)  around 5 grant.. euro's .. say 5500 dollar?.. With a lot of repairs i guess under 10 grant?

I'm the owner of a silver 240z from 2/1971 ..  an early car..    It's very red now..  Bought it in 1998 after it was several years standing still here in Holland.. It has a new floor now.. and doglegs, and..  and…

My car comes from Florida..  (Owner was J.J. Kavanagh.. from Margate Florida..  I Always wondered if he's still alive there.. who can investigate.. i can send the old pre-1994 adress. in a pm.)

I'm thinking of selling my car, but it would be crazy to ship it back to California!

And last but not least i don't think you will find a good one for that money.. your about 10 years to late....

Edited by dutchzcarguy

Oregon, Washington state, seem to have a good number of restorable Zs listed on Craigslist in the Spring.  I think your paint shop might be padding their estimate a bit, you can certainly spend $15-20,000 USD on a paint job but I'm pretty sure you can still get very good paint in the $10k range.

Members from Caly, is this still true?

Hey cool, thanks for all the replies to a Noob!

To be clear on the paint job, I would have wanted it done completely so engine bay, door jambs, trunk, etc....I think that 15-20K quote included pulling the interior and engine out of the car and the windows, whatever body work is needed, and putting it all back together.

Thanks I'll keep searching, hope some more pop up in spring

5 hours ago, ProjectZZZ said:

To be clear on the paint job, I would have wanted it done completely so engine bay, door jambs, trunk, etc....I think that 15-20K quote included pulling the interior and engine out of the car and the windows, whatever body work is needed, and putting it all back together.

Okay, that makes more sense, that is a lot of work.