IGNORED

NOS 240z dash

If I had this in the box as shown, I would have added a nice nest of bubble wrap, or some other packing so it didn't bang around in the box.

You can see where the radio mounts have been digging into the box. Just a plastic bag is no packing at all. I hope the seller packs it better to ship it.

Hi, 

That's my dash in the auction.  In the box without padding is how I got it, but I will be packing it far better, better supported to keep it from flexing and with plenty of soft packing to keep it from moving around in the box.  I got it about 6 months ago... and didn't realize it had a crack until I took it out of the box to take pictures for the auction.  Hard to say what caused it, but I think it happened because in storage there was pressure pushing the center console opening wider at the bottom... 

Anyway, I am doing a restoration and will be going with a Vintage Dashes one - a series 1 style to match the one in my car.  If they weren't available, I would use this one instead.  

Garrett

• Like 4

Hi Garrett,

Thanks for the info on the dash. A real shame about it being damaged, even if it is just a small crack. Especially if you are doing a show room restoration.

I suppose I really can't say how it was packed from the factory, having never bought one from Nissan.  

My 70 has an un-cracked original dash, and I was very fortunate to find a 72 dash at a junk yard with no cracks that I picked up for a spare.  I also have a few seriously cracked ones. 

It looks like your eBay dash is on track to sell for the price of a Vintage Dashes replacement. I hope your restoration project goes well for you. 

Nice that there is now a replacement source for these.

10 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

Hi Garrett,

Thanks for the info on the dash. A real shame about it being damaged, even if it is just a small crack. Especially if you are doing a show room restoration.

Yes, a real shame.  But, vinyl is very repairable.  Once mounted, with a high quality repair performed, this dash will look the 100% new OEM dash it is, for years to come.  I sourced another OEM dash off of ebay back around 2004.  It is in my series 1 Z in (pic in avatar) and it hasn't cracked in the 15(?) years I've had it.  

Even high quality replacements like those from Vintage Dashes do not replicate the OEM one 100%.  So, I am thinking the final sale price will be higher than the $800-$900 range.  We'll see I guess.

Garrett

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...