IGNORED

vintage dashes 280z

Dave WM

8 minutes ago, S30Driver said:

you can't do it is with a dash cap installed.  with the vintage dash, this is not a problem.

The dash caps don't work over the Vintage Dash? What's the problem there?

I don't have much problem reaching up under the dash to screw in the speedo cable. As crowded as it is under there, it just seems to work. Maybe it's my long spindly orangutan arms.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

The dash caps don't work over the Vintage Dash? What's the problem there?

I don't have much problem reaching up under the dash to screw in the speedo cable. As crowded as it is under there, it just seems to work. Maybe it's my long spindly orangutan arms.

I have gorilla hands, not good it tight places. It was nice to see the speedo work on my test drive down the steet...

Edited by Dave WM

Now what to do with the old dash (I have two now, my decent one that came out and a JY pull that was going to be used as a experiment on fixing). For now the decent on is installed on the JY frame and will be stowed in doors. the JY dash will go in the attic for "seasoning"... Maybe one day there will be a use for these, I think this is how hoarding begins...

• Like 4

I have been trying to check out the Blairsville area for possible retirement, keep running into weather (at least for the past month or so..) looking for smallish towns with decent mountain views that are not all weekend cabins... not an easy task.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

44c7c8ea7c30f16a54830be9070d72f8.jpg

Thanks for the information in this thread, and Dave for the videos. Took my dash out over the weekend, took about an hour, and this was taking my time.

While I have this out. Will be upgrading the stereo and adding power steering. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I presume the electric assist that fits under the dash then?

Remember make sure you get that dash push as far back on the frame as you can, you want the side edges to extend enough to fit behind the door molding. The holes for mounting the dash are oversized to give you some wiggle room. Removing the dash turns out to be not that big a deal, the engineers at Nissan that designed this car really did us all a favor.

• Like 2