IGNORED

The front of my hood sticks up...

charliekwin

4 hours ago, charliekwin said:

New hinges came today, and they have *no* slop or looseness at all. Big difference, and explains all the things that never seemed right with the hood since I got the car.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Are they on the car yet?

Thanks Mark. Still have that tired engine to deal with at some point, though!

Homes t aren't on yet, just stripped for paint. Wife is laid up with the flu, and I figure the chance of me not dropping my newly painted hood on my newly painted fenders if I try to do it myself if basically zero.

1 hour ago, charliekwin said:

Thanks Mark. Still have that tired engine to deal with at some point, though!

Homes t aren't on yet, just stripped for paint. Wife is laid up with the flu, and I figure the chance of me not dropping my newly painted hood on my newly painted fenders if I try to do it myself if basically zero.

I hope she feels better!

I can put the hood on and off by myself if I'm careful. Put some towels on the upper fenders. Get the hinges on the car. Lay the hood down flat with the front edge against your legs and with the upper bolt holes lining up, lay it down. Put the upper bolts into the hood, then pivot the hood up and add the lower bolts.

Got this from @Home Built by Jeff

• Like 1

I usually just kneel in front of the car and balance the front tip of the hood on one hand while I reach around the side and put the bolts in one side. Switch hands and do the other.   :ph34r:

Seriously though, I'm glad to hear the problem has (pretty much 100%) been confirmed to be worn sloppy hinges. That's a simple solution and the alternatives would have been much more of a mystery.

So... Cut one of the rivet heads off the worst hinge pin and let's have a look at the wallowed out holes!