IGNORED

The front of my hood sticks up...

charliekwin

So I put the hood back on today and the front looks like this.

Seems like the torsion bars are pushing up too much. I can lean on the hood to bring it down, but I'm probably putting 100lbs on it to do so.

FWIW, the bars had been removed from the car before I got it. (I didn't even realize they were missing and just sitting in front of the radiator until I took everything apart for paint.) I'm guessing that's the reason why, but I'd much rather have them on there then not. Any suggestions?20181225_161725.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

You really want the torsion bars in place to help you manage the hood weight.  Getting the hood down is a process of adjusting the hood hinges.  You might want to consider removing the grill for the process but its not absolutely required.  Loosen the bolts holding the hinges to the body so the hinges can float a bit.  Lower the hood fully but not latched, then push down on the hood front to get the hinges to settle into position, hold it there and tighten the bolts (that's why having the grill out helps).  This is your up/down adjustment for the hood.  The bolts that secure the hinges to the hood are your fore-and-aft and side-to-side adjustment to align it with the fenders.  Hope this helps.

23 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

You really want the torsion bars in place to help you manage the hood weight.  Getting the hood down is a process of adjusting the hood hinges.  You might want to consider removing the grill for the process but its not absolutely required.  Loosen the bolts holding the hinges to the body so the hinges can float a bit.  Lower the hood fully but not latched, then push down on the hood front to get the hinges to settle into position, hold it there and tighten the bolts (that's why having the grill out helps).  This is your up/down adjustment for the hood.  The bolts that secure the hinges to the hood are your fore-and-aft and side-to-side adjustment to align it with the fenders.  Hope this helps.

Exactly like this! Perfect description

Hmm...I tried loosening the hinges to see if that would help, and I only get a bit of adjustment. The hood sits about 3/4" high, which is way more than the slots allow.

With the hood closed, the hinges do not sit all the way down (they move if I push down on the front of the hood). Should they?1545787944193.jpeg

Fenders are bolted in and everything there is sitting nicely, so that's probably not it.

I'm starting to think the PO wasn't too lazy to put the torsion bars back in, that was just his "fix" to the problem.

Anything on the hinges I might look at?