IGNORED

Fan Quiz

ensys

Thanks.  I thought about looking there but assumed that I would have seen it in the past.  It's one of my favorite sites.  

Looks like it mounts in front of the radiator, if that sketchy drawing is showing what I think it is.  Unless it's a replacement for the pump-driven fan.  The most interesting part might be the "switch thermo".  Some of us have spent much time trying to find one that has the right temperature range to run a fan.  Seems to be discontinued though.

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

The 21595-M0206 switch was used on other models as well, found these specs on the Datsun 1200 site:

http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki/index.php?title=Electric_Fan

The stock Datsun B310 fan Thermo switch specifications:
* Part Number 21595-M0206
* Nominal ON: 85-90C
* Spec ON: 83-87° C (181-189 F)
* Spec OFF: 78-81° C (172-178 F)
* used with 82C thermostat (88C optional)

• Like 1

Then there is this: I have found no reference to the piece of wiring harness that would connect to the main (by the glove box), and extend thru the engine room to the fan (which is shown mounted to the fan sheetmetal bulkhead in front of the radiator).

In addition, as so ably noted by Mr.O, one wire is hot, and the other is switched, implying that there is a relay (and its harness) involved in the fan installation. Of course, the likely scenario would have the in (water) line switch (shown in the diagram) connected to this relay for automatic temp-sensitive operation; that would require yet another piece of harness...

Interesting mystery, eh?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2018 at 1:54 AM, ensys said:

- And now, the $64 question: exactly where are the two connectors for the fan to be found on the stock harness?

On 12/23/2018 at 1:15 PM, Captain Obvious said:

I reattached a couple of my previous pics here... The two connections for that sub-harness are under the dash above the passengers right knee. Tucked up to the right of the glove box:

subharness1a.jpg

subharness2a.jpg

@ensys Seeing how @Captain Obvious gave the correct answer, and @CanTechZ followed up with the snip of the microfiche, do they have to split the $64???? LOL    :beer:

On 12/28/2018 at 6:26 PM, Zed Head said:

No offense intended zspert.  I thought it was a humorous way to acknowledge that you've been a member for 15 years, and that your last two posts (50% of your content at the time  of my post) were in 2013.  Then you posted two within minutes of each other.  In person, it might have been "dude, where have you been?!".  Which some people probably would think is rude, if they were present.  Humor can be a complex subject.  Welcome (back) to the forum.  You can probably add a lot, with your experience, if you want to, and can stand an occasional joke.

Not all of us have the microfiche.  So, if anyone wants to share, feel free.

@Zed Head Sorry, I didn't 'see' or read the humor then nor now. I guess I'm slow. As you state, Humor can be a complex subject.   I know my humor can be dry, stretched, or even referring back to something 10 years ago. I'm pretty sure @zspert will add to the forum with his experience, no probably inferred. I followed the "Merry Christmas" thread, that was funny as it continued on. Again, I'm sorry I didn't see the humor in your original response.

FWIW, the microfiche is available in the download section for a very small donation to support the CZCC club...

Wayne

Wayne

36 minutes ago, wal280z said:

Sorry, I didn't 'see' or read the humor then nor now. I guess I'm slow. As you state, Humor can be a complex subject.   I know my humor can be dry, stretched, or even referring back to something 10 years ago. I'm pretty sure will add to the forum with his experience, no probably inferred. I followed the "Merry Christmas" thread, that was funny as it continued on. Again, I'm sorry I didn't see the humor in your original response.

You @'ed me just to say your sorry, and point out specifically, twice, that you didn't think it was funny?  Thanks, that was considerate.

p.s.  that's mild sarcasm, often 'seen' as funny.  @wal280z

I think that zspert was fine with it.  Carry on!

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1