IGNORED

Looking for new or very nice 240Z winshield

inline6

Hi Garrett,

I took some pictures in the daylight.. Note, Based on the white paint, I recall that this was picked from the local junkyard, U-Wrench It, now a part of the Pick-N-Pull aka row52.com network.

I looked all over the windshield and did not observe any etching.  I looked on the back of the state inspection sticker and it has either faded or was never properly filled out at the time of inspection.

The City of Hampton tax decal offers no identification other than the City serial number - not sure if the City would have records to indicate what year of vehicle it was paid for.

As stated before, @inline6 gets first right of refusal.

Wayne

20181223_104449.jpg

20181223_104458.jpg

20181223_104507.jpg

20181223_104553.jpg

There is no indication of the manufacturer, or a "dot" lable or anything like that in any of the corners?  Without it being clean so it can be examined for pitting, windshield wiper marks, etc,  I've got to pass.  Thanks for your efforts though.

• Thanks 1

@inline6 Thanks for looking. I did not see any etching of any DOT style markings on the windshield, and then looked at my driver and did not see any on that one, either. I would assume that they would be etched in the lower left hand corner of the windshield, but have nothing to compare to. As far as the state inspection sticker, I did email the Virginia State Police (in charge of the inspection process) and was told today that they had not computerized their records that far back.

I can clean the front to show that there is no wiper streaks/gouges or pitting, but I'm sure that won't change your mind for your intended application.

On 12/19/2018 at 3:50 PM, rturbo 930 said:

I'm going to need a new windshield at some point, and the only OE one available to me would have to be stolen from another car I have. A proper OE windshield replacement would be great to have.

So, as far as dibs go, @rturbo 930, do you want this or pass for now?

Wayne

4 minutes ago, wal280z said:

@inline6 Thanks for looking. I did not see any etching of any DOT style markings on the windshield, and then looked at my driver and did not see any on that one, either. I would assume that they would be etched in the lower left hand corner of the windshield, but have nothing to compare to. As far as the state inspection sticker, I did email the Virginia State Police (in charge of the inspection process) and was told today that they had not computerized their records that far back.

I can clean the front to show that there is no wiper streaks/gouges or pitting, but I'm sure that won't change your mind for your intended application.

So, as far as dibs go, @rturbo 930, do you want this or pass for now?

Wayne

I have a good one in another car, I just need to pluck it before I sell the car. Thanks for the offer though.

• Thanks 1