IGNORED

Another great source for lash pads.

zKars

Someone on hybridZ from the UK mentioned a source for lash pads from a company I had not heard from before. They are Precision Shims from Australia

precisionshims.com.au 

They have both flat bottom and recessed bottom (like stock) lash pads in any thickness. They have stock thicknesses in 0.5 mm steps, but will make you any thickness. They make shims as they call them for many many engines. They even have the size printed on the edge!

Now the best part. Price. They are $9 AUS each for the flat bottom. For Canadians, this is fantastic, as the dollar is near par with Auzzie land. In fact I had about a 1% advantage in exchange rate on the day I bought some. US folks will win even further with a 30%+ advantage. Anything Datsun I can buy from Australia is an easy choice. Datsport for 510 stuff like weatherstripping, is another favorite.

Chris Bullen the owner was great to work with and very responsive. Shipping was fast (about 10 days) and three sets (36) in a padded envelope was $30.  

Highly recommended!

IMG_3526.JPG

IMG_3527.JPG

IMG_3525.JPG

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

You know you want those on that '76!  ROFL

I burnt mine off thinking 2 cycle boat gas was diesel fuel and walked right up and lit it.  Kaboom!  

But you didn't drop your Beer, did you? ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The machining operations to create them are straight forward. The 'value' comes with material selection, proper hardening and coatings. Don't discount the consistency and dimensional repeatibility/accuracy benchmarks either.