IGNORED

resurrecting a 1977 280Z

MM569457

• 2 weeks later...

Exhaust installed. I’ll have a fiberglass shop trim the rear bumper appropriately. My big concern is the exhaust scraping when leaving the driveway, my Z32 had that issue. No clearance issues with my current setup on the 280Z.

Inspection for registration will be this weekend. A few items to fix:

*cigarette lighter socket isn’t working, need to work.

*carpet padding in final installation.

*clean up interior

*replace the mount for rear louvers (right side plastic broke, removed louvers until it’s replaced).

IMG_8773.jpeg

IMG_8770.jpeg

Edited by MM569457
  • Like 1

Nice sounding pipes. Love the color of your Z, my 71 is red.

I gotta ask, how did you get that tape on the banjo fittings, and why did you put it on there?

Is there a copper washer on each side of the banjo?

image.jpeg

Edited by Racer X

Well you did a nice job laying it around the nipple and the forks. Never seen anything like that before.

The washers can be reused if they don’t get overnighted or damaged, and are kept and installed clean.

I use copper crush washers to index the spark plugs on my race engine. I’ll reuse them a few times before tossing in the metal recycling bin.

Funny side note: I gave a shout out on FB to the garage who installed the exhaust. 

Another garage went into attack mode against the guys who did my install. Bottom line, if you say you could have done it better, then advertise your garage or speak up when potential customers are soliciting a service.

Why attack a build done by a business competitor when you had an opportunity to advertise and didn’t? 

• Like 2