IGNORED

77-78 Rear Wheel Cylinder Brake Rebuilds

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

Seems odd that Wagner made molds and had a process for casting Nissan replacements, for a fairly limited number of vehicles.  Things were different back then, I guess.

Didn't you post earlier all the cross references? So isnt the demand more broad? Also the part isn't large or complex so the mold would be pretty simple with just a few holes to bore. Not a ton of capital cost unlike stamping sheet metal

Thanks for the pics. Again, it seems the only problem cylinders (so far) are those "L" marked aftermarket versions.

11 hours ago, Zed Head said:

I wonder if the Wagner cylinder is a reman, so they covered the "Made in" mark.

Both of those cylinders are brand new. I just think Wagner was private labeling the Tokico parts (at some time). Not really sure why since they had their own casting, but that's what it looks like to me.

I have no idea which came first... Did Wagner private label the Tokico for some time and then decide there was more money in building their own mold and cutting Tokico out? Or did they build their own mold and offer a cast iron variety for a while before deciding for some reason that they didn't want to do that anymore and started private labeling the Tokicos instead?

Mysteries that may never be solved, but the bottom line for me is that both of these cylinders can be rebuilt, while what I have on my car currently, cannot.

"L": Laughing all the way to the bank for selling polished turds.

The manufacturers also save $$ by have no QA and by not testing products.  It is an unfair advantage when competing against companies that do these normal checks... and let's not talk about no $$ for R&D "Rip-off And Duplicate" or not paying IP licensing fees .

Edited by 240260280

14 hours ago, Patcon said:

Didn't you post earlier all the cross references? So isnt the demand more broad? Also the part isn't large or complex so the mold would be pretty simple with just a few holes to bore. Not a ton of capital cost unlike stamping sheet metal

I did.  Compared to other models though, like a Chevy Nova, there doesn't seem to be much of a market, especially since Tokico was already in there.  It was more of a historical thought.  

In today's world, most of those old solid companies have gone bankrupt or been incorporated in to bigger companies.  Federal Mogul seems like the result.  Once those brand names get under the big umbrella anything can happen I think.

Look at the names here - https://www.fmmotorparts.com/

6 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

I did.  Compared to other models though, like a Chevy Nova, there doesn't seem to be much of a market, especially since Tokico was already in there.  It was more of a historical thought.  

In today's world, most of those old solid companies have gone bankrupt or been incorporated in to bigger companies.  Federal Mogul seems like the result.  Once those brand names get under the big umbrella anything can happen I think.

Look at the names here - https://www.fmmotorparts.com/

I agree, no Nova like demand but multiples more than a Z specific part would demand

There are a lot of brands under that umbrella!!!!