IGNORED

Good Head?

I meant this N42 head. Looks ok to me but I know nothing. Am about to have it rebuilt with an N42 block I picked up.

IMG_0225.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

12/70 2.6 block E88 heads Mallory DCOE40 3/2 Twice pipes Tokico 1, 3/4 in sways, ext oil cooler

Just to add - the head itself can get new valve guides so if it's not cracked you'll be fine, probably.  That camshaft is probably good also, the surface rust isn't bad.  Also just noticed an anti-rattle spring hanging of the head in the first picture.  So you probably have all of the parts BUT you won't know which rocker goes with which cam lobe, assuming that they fell off in transit.  That might or might not be a problem.  Probably depends on the wear of the rocker arm lash pad.  Endless discussion...

8 hours ago, wil84911 said:

Thank you all. Yes the missing parts are in the box. Cam was loosely on and moved in transit.

12/70 2.6 block E88 heads Mallory DCOE40 3/2 Twice pipes Tokico 1, 3/4 in sways, ext oil cooler

I've found a '76 with an N42 head and intake in an old junkyard. Says he's about to crush the car. I think I can offer him $100 and pull the head myself. It'll need rebuilding for sure. If you don't mind sharing what you gave for that one I'd appreciate it. Trying to figure out if its worth my time. I was thinking i could resale it for $500 maybe. Private message me if you'd rather. thank you.

Cliff

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

I've found a '76 with an N42 head and intake in an old junkyard. Says he's about to crush the car. I think I can offer him $100 and pull the head myself. It'll need rebuilding for sure. If you don't mind sharing what you gave for that one I'd appreciate it. Trying to figure out if its worth my time. I was thinking i could resale it for $500 maybe. Private message me if you'd rather. thank you.

Cliff

Don't let anything get crushed that is valuable. Is there a bumper end for Jai on that car?

17 hours ago, Patcon said:

Don't let anything get crushed that is valuable. Is there a bumper end for Jai on that car?

It's a pile of crap, sun burnt from one end the the other.  Luckily the hood was down and what's left of the motor, pretty much just the short block, is rebuildable.  All the rubber and plastic is ruined and the sunroof is missing.  Along with all the other glass.  If I do this I'll get a better look but I don't think anything's there, sorry.

• Like 1