IGNORED

Rust Advice 78 280z

gotham22

6 hours ago, gotham22 said:

Does anyone know if someone sells tension rod mounts?  I think mine are beyond repair.

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

A donor is the best bet

I have a 73 and 74 that have something to offer,  I believe the T-rod mounts are the same on all the S30's.

Can you take a pic of what you need, so I can see if what I have can cover it?

• 1 month later...

This may be a dumb question but I will ask anyway. Always been told there are no dumb questions, just dumb people. Ha!  I am looking to remove the surface rust from the engine bay.  There are parts where it will be difficult to get a wire brush into ( I.e. battery tray area). Has anyone tried to use a pressure washer to get the rust off?  Would that even work? Or am I going to cause too much damage to the metal. 

There are some after market attachments that claim they can turn your pressure washer into a wet blaster with a siphon for sand but they don't get very good reviews and from what I have read most people never get them to work. There are mini hand held dry sand blasters but you still need a decent compressor with 12-15 CFM.

I've used several layers of paper towels soaked in Evapo-Rust, then layed the wet towels as flat as possible on the vertical? rusty surfaces and covered the towels with Saran Wrap. (does anyone use that term anymore?)  I checked the progress and re-wet the towels using a spray bottle as needed.

• Like 3