New head install question - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

New head install question

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, 7tooZ said:

Any recommendations for where to purchase new Turbo Cylinder head bolts and Gasket set.

I believe Z Car Depot has them- Ebay- MSA

My local Nissan dealer quoted me something like $120 for the head bolts and told me that Nissan head gaskets for "those old cars" aren't available.

I haven't tried Nissan of Bellevue yet. They host local Z club events and might be a bit more informative.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
24 minutes ago, Reptoid Overlords said:

My local Nissan dealer quoted me something like $120 for the head bolts and told me that Nissan head gaskets for "those old cars" aren't available.

I haven't tried Nissan of Bellevue yet. They host local Z club events and might be a bit more informative.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile
 

Wow, I should do what these other guys do and get them cheap local and double my money! But that would be wrong and I do right. That's why I never have "cruise ship" money but I sleep good every night. The beer helps too. LOL

The real nissan's have a small 13 stamped in the bolts head.

  • Author
37 minutes ago, Reptoid Overlords said:

My local Nissan dealer quoted me something like $120 for the head bolts and told me that Nissan head gaskets for "those old cars" aren't available.

I haven't tried Nissan of Bellevue yet. They host local Z club events and might be a bit more informative.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile
 

I just spoke to Eastside Nissan our Club sponsor and ordered:

Head Bolts Turbo L28T 82ZXT

9 ea     11056-P7600 short

5 ea     11059-P7600 long

14 ea   11058-2100 washers

quoted price of $91.92 (supposed to be 10% over dealer cost to club members). Should be here on Monday or Tuesday.

MSA = $140

California Datsun $130

 

 

I would think the old washers you have would last for all eternity. Unless you lost a couple of course.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.