IGNORED

Imagine that!

siteunseen

Smart car. Knew that would happen. Ten years from now maybe they'll be OK but for now if I see one on the road I'm getting as far away as possible.

"I wasn't me officer, it drove itself there. I would never drive illegally in the carpool lane"

Edited by Stanley

Bring back rails and tracks and let them go "look ma, no hands".

I doubt self driving cars can go left or right in the lane to see what is going on up ahead proactively like we all do.  There are so many subtle yet important driving skills that these cars do not have. I bet they just blindly follow gps to stick in the lane and only react  to the car in front. 

It would be interesting to see what a self driving car does when it comes upon an accident with cars strewn around in different directions.  Does it just pass the stopped car in front and plow on through or does it come to a stop like most humans would?

There would have to be some serious real time traffic feed, surely eating up recourses on already taxed satellite constellations.

GPS is only accurate up to a certain point, and can be up to 5 mi. off. Its more accurate if you add Russia's GLONASS satellites, but not good enough to react to multi- car accidents I'm sure.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile

It's that movie 'I Robot' in real life.  The computer will never-ever be able to do what a human can in every situation. Either conceivable, or unconceivable.

I honestly can't believe the whole self driving car has gotten this far in our litigious society.

Bugs happen. Surprises happen. Hacks happen.

Who is it that's pushing hard for this to become reality in the first place? Liability lawyers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

It's that movie 'I Robot' in real life.  The computer will never-ever be able to do what a human can in every situation. Either conceivable, or unconceivable.

I honestly can't believe the whole self driving car has gotten this far in our litigious society.

Bugs happen. Surprises happen. Hacks happen.

Who is it that's pushing hard for this to become reality in the first place? Liability lawyers?

It would be interesting to look through 100 year old newspapers to see if the same type of conversations occurred when cars started replacing horse & buggy transportation.  I guess we got through that in about a 25 year transition period.

Dennis

• Like 1