IGNORED

240Z D hubcaps ... reproduction?

JSM

• 2 weeks later...

Edit - my mistake.  He says 2 in the description.  $300 / cap. (So how many is he selling?  Doesn't say. ) Two of the pictures look almost exactly the same, like he moved it one inch for the next shot.  Three shade pictures and one in the sun.  Hiding the backs now.  Still 100% positive feedback.  $600 and he won't even pay for shipping.

Anybody positive who this guy is yet?

image.png

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

• 1 year later...

Thanks Steve , the pictures were taken almost ten years ago, time flies .

The caps which you are thinking about to obtain look original , I hope you will have originals for your car .

By the way , I couldn’t stop myself driving with the old Super speed radial -20 , but not with the early less tab ( the less tab caps were given from Mr. Matsuo , so display only! ) One day I had a flat tyre one of the rear tyre ! That was  a few months after I drove the tyre .I think  ARMOR ALL was not good for the old rubber . I was thinking it was good for keeping the surface in nice condition and protect the rubber from the sun shine. But the results was not what I expected, maybe the liquid sink into the rubber ‘s tiny tiny cracks then it makes the rubber break apart easily. 

If I had not put ARMOR ALL on the tyre I would have a little more longer life on the old tyre , would not have I ?
Anyway no one seems to ride on a 40 years old tyre , so I don’t need to think about it . I never ever do it again !!

Kats

Mrmatsuoandme.jpg

flattire.jpg

Edited by kats
  • Like 3

Hi Kats, 

Sorry to hear about he flat tyre.  Yes, 40 year old tyres can certainly be risky to drive on,  I'm kind of surprised that only one tyre went flat!

I asked the seller of the D caps to send me a couple of overhead pictures of the backsides and I have attached. Do these look correct to you? 

Thanks,

Steve

IMG_6285.jpg

IMG_6286.jpg

• Like 1