IGNORED

I hate Chinese "Metal"

I'm old enough to remember back into the fifties when almost all things (especially toys) that came from Japan were crap. It didn't take but a decade or two for them to change that. South Korea, Viet Nam, etc are other examples. China has had a couple of decades to make a noticeable improvement. Unfortunately, I don't see much improvement. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zed Head said:

My point, as it always has been, is that people like you are focusing on the wrong target.  You're getting played for suckers by the manufacturers selling you cheap dangerous products.  If you don't want Made in China, then don't buy the parts.  When you're buying your new Nissan tell the salesperson that they're going to need to replace the jack before you buy the car.  Send Nissan a letter describing how their jack fell apart and almost injured somebody.

The law requiring country of manufacture to be clearly ID'ed on products was passed for people like you.  But you're not using it.  Where's the picture showing that the rusty rotor was made in China?  You don't even know, you just use China as the foil for all of your frustrations with the world.  Then try to bring others in to start a session.  

Post that picture or some evidence that the rotor was Made in China.

But how hard is it to **** up a rotor.... the easiest thing to make on a car? It is made with one metal, on tools that have been around for hundreds of years, it has no moving parts, yet they turn it into a polished turd by making it look like a rotor but use the worst steel known to mankind.

The only lesson I learned is that the crooks at Napa sell $15 to $70 rotors that are all the same Chinese $^!#.  None are worth buying.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark Maras said:

I'm old enough to remember back into the fifties when almost all things (especially toys) that came from Japan were crap. It didn't take but a decade or two for them to change that. South Korea, Viet Nam, etc are other examples. China has had a couple of decades to make a noticeable improvement. Unfortunately, I don't see much improvement. 

Hah, I remember those days, Made Japan was a not good. I know China can make good quality when given a proper price point, I own a set of micrometers and a .000ths" dial gauge that are Chinese made and they are the finest measuring tools I own, beautiful quality, bought them about 25 yrs ago now. China's poor quality is the symptom, the problem is the West's insaitable hunger for more and more consumable stuff.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Salt in the air from the Atlantic ocean (as fog and ocean spray), road salt, and daily winter temperature changes above and below freezing ensure all metal in this region gets a thorough thrashing of salty brine. 

It is easy to see the good metal from the bad metal.

The Walker exhaust I put on my Rav is made from the same cheap crap and looks as bad as the rotor after a year! The original Toyota stuff lasts ~ 10 years or more.

I would not buy a Korean car or Mazda here due to their accelerated rusting (compared to Honda and Toyota).  Nissan and Subaru fall in between.

Edited by 240260280

What about an alloy makes it rust worse than another alloy?

I worked in a chemical plant at one time and they made acid based dyes among other things. The filter presses looked like that rotor. Valve handles looked like they were made out of old grape vines