IGNORED

[2018] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

5 hours ago, Lumens said:

Forgot yours is a 71. That is a problem with late gearbox. May have to modify a shifter. I think many have done it that way.

Not may, you have to! also you need to cut 2 slits in the front of the hole and bend the front up some what to clear the shifter housing. Had to do it to more then a few 70-71 using the 280 5 speeds

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

In the middle of my current mission to recover proper turn signals in my 280Z: I bought and installed a pair of electronic flasher relays to accommodate the rebuilt turn signal stalk.

New vs. Old

43599398_10103713568331297_3894659782618

The electronic units have a bit more weight to them. The original bi-thermal relay was super light in comparison.

• Like 1

Installed new Gates belts (fan and AC) and cleaned up around the alternator + replaced the AC pulley bearing even though my AC does not function yet.  Glad I checked before I drive to Atlanta.  Now to chase down intermittent headlights.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gwri8 said:

Installed new Gates belts (fan and AC) and cleaned up around the alternator + replaced the AC pulley bearing even though my AC does not function yet.  Glad I checked before I drive to Atlanta.  Now to chase down intermittent headlights.....

Worst case scenario is that I'll be staying across the street from the Sonesta if you want to work on the headlights.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 8:47 PM, SteveJ said:

Worst case scenario is that I'll be staying across the street from the Sonesta if you want to work on the headlights.

I thought I might get you to help with a headlight project while we were in Atlanta :ph34r: