IGNORED

Brand new owner - need help w/ Christmas gift ideas for my kid

Grubb240Z

14 hours ago, Zs-ondabrain said:

The Relay upgrade harnesses that they are referring to are made and sold by me. I sell them to MSA (Motorsport Auto)
They are all plug and play units. No cutting, drilling or hurting your ca, and easily installed and removed, if need be.

I Also offer a Headlight and turn signal rebuild/refurbish service for all S30's (240Z-260Z-280Z)
I only charge $70 per switch or $135 for the pair. Return shipping is included in the prices.

You can also get the lighting Upgrade harness directly from me.
I've made and sold over 4000 of each harness. (So ignore Phil Z, as everything is built by hand and quality controlled. His was a 1/4000 fluke... haha)

Welcome to the club. We're happy to have you.
Dave
https://www.datsun-240z-upgrades.net/

TESTIMONIAL........I couldn't be more satisfied with your upgrade. Thanx for setting the record straight. Good to see you here again.

• Like 2

A remote starter, trigger style is good for the $15 cost. Helps setting the valves and beat the heck out of using a 27mm socket and pull bar on the crank nose. Another thing that I liked because I live in an extremely humid armpit state is  gun safe dehumidifier. My black vinyl interior will get small amount of mold spots until  i bought one of those. A good car cover is a must in my opinion. These old cars don't like water so the longer you/he can keep a nice shine without washing the better.

Enjoy!

Oj yeah, a set of those new heavy plastic ramps for oil changes and other under car work. You can get them cheap at a chain auto parts store and they fit together for minimum storage space.

Edited by siteunseen

We don't know your son's age but I would pass along this good advice that the salesman told me when I got my first Z. Take it easy for the first six months of driving a Z until he gets to know the car's limitations and his. Most serious accidents in a Z happen in the first six months. If he has the "need for speed", local clubs often have novice racing driver training courses that include classroom and track time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

We don't know your son's age but I would pass along this good advice that the salesman told me when I got my first Z. Take it easy for the first six months of driving a Z until he gets to know the car's limitations and his. Most serious accidents in a Z happen in the first six months. If he has the "need for speed", local clubs often have novice racing driver training courses that include classroom and track time.

Agree wholeheartedly. Not very much frontal crash structure out side of the engine. Replacements panels will come at a premium. Oh yeah, go through the brake system from front to rear. Don't skimp.

• Like 2

Get some Porterfields. R4S I think.  I hate the way they wear out so fast, and the way way they dust up my wheels. Noticeably quicker stopping compared to new stock pads and shoes. I'd guess at least 10% better since I don't think any less would be noticeable.  They may have saved my car, my life and lives of the family that failed to yield, pulling out right in front of me from a side street with a stop sign.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

I'm almost afraid to ask if you both have discovered that there's a lot of the hood out front that you can't see sitting in the seat? I found out the hard way when I put a little ding in the front bumper of my first Z.

Ha! Not yet. My kid is tall at 6'-1" so he can probably see more than I can. Hasn't been a big problem yet, but it is something to think about when parking. I tend to pull forward a little too far. Good to leave it back a little so people can see you before they start pulling into the space!