IGNORED

Cody's Goon

Patcon

I am 99% that Z trim won't work. The 510 windshield has a lot less curvature at the bottom.

24 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

I have a bunch of Z stainless if that will work for you. I might have a source for 510 stainless I can check with if needed. 

Please, if it's not a major problem

12 hours ago, Patcon said:

I am 99% that Z trim won't work. The 510 windshield has a lot less curvature at the bottom.

Please, if it's not a major problem

My friend has the trim, he wants $200.00 for the full set. About par with most 240 trim I see on eBay.

He is not very far from me. Shipping will be interesting, kind of a wide flat box. I'm sure they would call oversize. 

Let me know if you are interested. You might want to find something more local.

• Like 1

Yesterday we put the rear quarter windows in.

They can be quite interesting. The seals came from Datsport in Aus, Baz is the only supplier as far as I know.

They can vary some in length because the accute corner angles are made by hand.

We finally figured out it works best to start with the really sharp upper corner. Work your way down and around the bottom. Get the top in from the upper corner about 6". Then finish on the rounder upper rear corner. it would be really easy to break a corner off of these.

20210418_131202.jpg

Definitely the way to go with the trim installed before setting the glass in the body.   That little trim tool is a great investment for under 10 bucks.  Eliminates the chance of nicking or tearing the rubber seal.   Glad you had no issues.

Will be a big hit in Colo at Zcon if you and Cody bring it .... 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So Cody was tinkering with his car some today. I have a question now. When the left rear window is rolled all the way up you can see the metal bracket that holds the glass. Is this correct? On the front drivers side it doesn't look like that.

Left rear

20211126_163208_resized.jpg20211126_163205_resized.jpg

Front left

20211126_163223_resized.jpg20211126_163221_resized.jpg

Unfortunately, yes. The inside rubber wiper strip actually rides up on the window bracket when the window is rolled all the way up.  You have to clean out the recess on the top of the inside door so the lip of the rubber wiper can seat in there but if you don't run a bead of cement in the recess the window bracket can lift the wiper completely out. Not great design but it was their lowest price car at the time.