IGNORED

Relay Mounting Locations - Firewall? under dashboard

tamo3

Hi,

I'm about to mount 3,4 relays and additional fusebox for IGN and constant +12v  under dashboard or firewall.

I'd like to see where people mount relays and additional fusebox under dashboard. Also, where you put ground connections.

Photo 8-09-17, 10 42 18 PM.jpg

I'm using a very compact little relay box that I pulled out of a 2000-ish Mitsubishi SUV at one of the local boneyards.  I  had to do a bit of internal re-wiring, but ended up with a configuration that holds 6 relays.  I plan to mount it up towards the rad bulkhead, in front of the voltage regulator.  It's waterproof and dustproof, with a snap-off inspection cover.

102_2864.JPG

102_2865.JPG

102_2970.JPG

102_2876.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting photos.

Looks like everyone mount relays, fusebox in engine bay.

In my case, I need to mount power window relay, power lock relays, fusebox for constant, fuse box for +IGN under dash. I'm struggle to find place to mount...

Recently, Power antenna finished.

https://youtu.be/ytbBwa7H1T8

Viper Power Lock installed.

https://youtu.be/DbhKbMWYmIY

Edited by tamo3

i was suffering from the typical corroded electrical system, so i started from scratch. took power directly from the battery via a marine grade 4GA wire with a ring lug at the + connection on the starter, ran it back through the firewall using the big grommet. once i yarded out all the old wiring, there was plenty of room. mounted a maxi-fuse block up on the right side under the dash - screwed it to the big plastic block that holds the multi-connector plugs. then i mounted all my relays on a piece of 1" aluminum flat bar and mounted it to the firewall in the passenger footwell using the two bottom fasteners that hold the blower fan, so no new holes drilled into the body.

works great, but if i were to do it again i'd use a standard fuse block as i'm not really sure what the advantage is with the maxi - just takes up more space. and i'd probably mount the relays further up under the dash as mine are vulnerable to the feet of a long-legged passenger.