IGNORED

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Home Built by Jeff

9 minutes ago, Home Built by Jeff said:

the issue is that there are several different parts that changed from year to year,

The link I put in my last post shows the changes.  It's just a little cringe-worthy watching you grind when you can bolt instead.  Carry on...

• Like 1

All good stuff Jeff, but I would still replace that moustache bar...

Also, the side quarter vents that you sprayed, they are directional. Make sure they are mounted on the proper side of the car. As a footnote as well, the vents are still available from Nissan new for about $35 apiece! I bought brand new ones for my build....

The manifold studs are readily available in kits from Z Car Depot and others. Much easier to work with the studs than bolts! 

Edited by wheee!
  • Like 1

5:10, the vent badge in your left hand is off a 2+2, the rest got the vent in the right hand.

12:40 The water outlet on the thermostat housing was used as a return to heat up the original carbs, with the webers you don't have that provision, remover the nipple and replace it with a pipe plug (3/8 NPT if I remember correctly)

• Like 1

Jeff,
Have you got a copy of the factory parts manual for the RHD 240Zs? If not, why not? Ask us!

And if you have, then maybe you would be wise to be reading it in the bath, in bed and in front of the telly - before you start drilling holes in things and cutting off bits of Harada manifold that you don't really need to.

Don't spoil the ship for a Ha'penny worth of tar.  

• Like 3

I do have copies of the manuals, but even after I put a cap in the side of the Thermostat, the manifold wouldn't have fit. The part I removed was just extra casting, so I am not too worried.

As for the studs, Nissan here is useless at sourcing parts now it is all computerised. Unless I am buying a part for a 5 year old Altima, they have no idea. I am heading out today and I should be able to source something.

49 minutes ago, Home Built by Jeff said:

As for the studs, Nissan here is useless at sourcing parts now it is all computerised. Unless I am buying a part for a 5 year old Altima, they have no idea. I am heading out today and I should be able to source something.

They are useless here too....however, if you can find the part numbers on your own you wont believe how many parts for 70's cars they do keep in stock and for reasonable prices too.

As far as the studs go....don't you have self service wreckers in OZ? that is where I usually get stuff like that, just about any jap or Korean car uses the same 8mm studs for the intake and exhaust. last time I picked up half a gallon of hardware for $3 at my local pick and pull.

I do agree with the Limey, if you are unsure how something is suppose to be ask before you start hacking it, lots of us have original(ish) cars and can post pics of where and how stuff goes.

PS: dont forget to find the super thick washers that hold the bottom of the intake.