IGNORED

Valve cover breather thread

Onion

5 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Wheee!, Do you have any pics of the baffle plate loose from the inside of the valve cover? I saw your shot of the inside of the valve cover sans baffle, but do you have pics of the baffle itself?

No, I will get you one and post it up!

Thanks!! If you want to, you can put that pic both here and in the thread where I was talking about changing the PCV direction.

I'm still thinking about changing the PCV scheme, and that's why I wanted a peek at the baffle design(s).

http://www.classiczcars.com/topic/57136-pcv-flow-direction-can-i-reverse/

So there is very little room in the back of the valve cover as it relates to the last cam tower.  As a result I have to dremel off the part of the bung that was protruding into the cover itself in order to make some additional room.  You will see that in one of the pictures below.  Also you will see the "bosses" that are cast into the top of tyhe cover and these I drilled and tapped so I could secure the new baffle to the cover.  The only thing not shown in the pictures are the small holes that we drilled around the bung opening in the new baffle.  Pretty straight forward and seems to work fine. 

Let me know if you have any other questions about this.

Mike.IMG_1977.JPGIMG_1976 (002).JPGIMG_1979 (003).JPG

Wheee!, Do you have any pics of the baffle plate loose from the inside of the valve cover? I saw your shot of the inside of the valve cover sans baffle, but do you have pics of the baffle itself?

Here you go!
IMG_5466.JPG
IMG_5467.JPG
IMG_5468.JPG
IMG_5469.JPG