IGNORED

Checking correct fuel level at Round Top 3 screw SU CARBS Float bowls

I just received the final components for my Float-Sync tool this morning, and now have roughly 25 sets available for sale. Save yourself $5.00 by ordering directly from my website at datsun.floatsync@gmail.com. Price, including shipping, is $70.95. Product is also available on E-bay for $74.95. Thanks for the interest and the kind words of my previous customers. 

On 4/5/2020 at 3:51 PM, siteunseen said:

Bend it down towards the float for more fuel.

Make it look like speed bump. Not a ramp.

Well once again i tried to use the plastic glasses while i wait for my float syncs to arrive. I marked the 23mm measurement from the top downwards with a pencil. I guess front one needs some bending. Im afraid i bend it to much and mess it up. I guess its better to leave it as it is unless you can point out how to accomplish this safely. First pic is rear carb. 

20200408_124529.jpg

20200408_125801.jpg

20200408_121841.jpg

20200408_121353.jpg

On 4/5/2020 at 1:32 PM, siteunseen said:

The fuel in your tube should be level or even with the top of that rectangular square in this photo. The green arrow points down to a red line on bottom. In between 2 red lines that say "23mm". 

The lowest red line in that photo.

If I had these carbs I'd probably drill and tap a hole in the side of the bowl for a sight glass.  Just a thought.  there's probably cheaper and smaller out there somewhere, but here's an example.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-FLUSH-MOUNT-Sight-External/dp/B014X8YE60

Here's some fancier ones - https://www.mcmaster.com/sight-glass/sights-4/

image.png

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

No simple task to mount a flush style sight glass into the side of a curved fuel bowl, with a float very close to the inside of the wall. Too bad the correct level is at the top edge of that flat rectangular area, rather than in the middle.....

If I could find the couple that Philip gave me about 5 years ago when we discussed this last, I’d actually go try this....

Edited by zKars

22 minutes ago, zKars said:

No simple task to mount a flush style sight glass into the side of a curved fuel bowl, with a float very close to the inside of the wall. Too bad the correct level is at the top edge of that flat rectangular area, rather than in the middle.....

If I could find the couple that Philip gave me about 5 years ago when we discussed this last, I’d actually go try this....

Can you point out where exactly is the 23 mm mark? 

6 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

Well once again i tried to use the plastic glasses while i wait for my float syncs to arrive. I marked the 23mm measurement from the top downwards with a pencil. I guess front one needs some bending. Im afraid i bend it to much and mess it up. I guess its better to leave it as it is unless you can point out how to accomplish this safely. First pic is rear carb. 

20200408_124529.jpg

20200408_125801.jpg

20200408_121841.jpg

20200408_121353.jpg

I used small need nosed pliers on the sides of the tang. 

I'll try and get a picture when I get home. About an hour. Stay "tuned".

zKars had a great thought using rubber "O" rings on the outside of the site glasses to mark the desired fuel level. I headed down to my local hardware store to look for a pair that would be the right size. For those interested in doing the same, the size I found that seems to work well is 3/16" x 5/16" x 1/16." It's a stretch fit, but they will likely stay put as a result. The only down side is they are 1/16" thick so you can't see the whole tube. I intentionally did not scribe or mark lines when designing the tool as I know some may want to experiment with different levels. The "O" rings are a nice solution, as they can be easily moved to suit individual users. 

IMG_5360.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1