IGNORED

Another interesting auction

7tooZ

43 minutes ago, DatsunZGuy said:

Sold for $29,250.  That's pretty good coin for a restomod.

That went higher than I expected.  You never know how well someone's vision for their car will align with potential buyers'.  It's good to see such a modified car bring the money.

It's rather tautological, but probably the biggest reason it went for so much is that apparently there were two people who really wanted it. 

That said, there's a lot about the modifications to the car that are -- what I'll call for the sake of brevity -- "right." I wouldn't black out the chrome, but I'd put an L28ET in my car tomorrow if I could. For someone who isn't too concerned with originality but doesn't want to take the soul out of the car, there's a lot to like here. 

I checked the auction history and this one is one of the very highest priced Z cars that's sold on BAT. A 280Z BRE tribute car at was the highest $34k and a 240z race car sold for $28. Non-stock Z's seem to do well on that site, but I don't know what that might mean for broader trends.

I'm with you. Two guys/girls with enough money who either really like this car or couldn't stand losing the bid. I'm not commenting about the car I liked look but just not what I would. Still I cant see how the money is there on this 73. History doesn't support it and the rest is buy the extras and bolts them on how ever you like it.

Call me confused.

Don's iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

20 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Wow, didn't see it going much over $24,000. If you look at the bid history, $24k is where the 3rd guy wisely left the stage and the remaining 2 guys duked it out for the next $5000.

That is also the top price I was thinking.

It just really needs to have engine bay painted blue and the motor detailed while out. The block and oil pan look very unsightly to me.

That will be fun to drive and turn a lot of heads.