IGNORED

1971 Series I Project for $3K in Orlando

lonetreesteve

The difference is the Porsche is probably worth 80k finished. The problem is really that equally rusted cars will require about the same amount of man hours to repair but one car is worth a lot more with the same amount of time invested albeit with more expensive parts...

9 hours ago, JSM said:

That is cheap in my opinion. 

Im not sure why the 260z doesn't  have the same desirability as others.  It seems even the 280z are more popular. It might because 74 wasn't a great year and there was only 1 year of the model. 

The 260Z is seen as a transition car in the US while Nissan was finalizing the fuel injection for emissions purposes.

On the other hand, with the lack of love, there is less guilt about modifying it. 

The 260Z is seen as a transition car in the US while Nissan was finalizing the fuel injection for emissions purposes.
On the other hand, with the lack of love, there is less guilt about modifying it. 

If the car is trashed then modify to your hearts desire, but don't be the one to tear into a perfectly good chassis. IMO.

Seems like the were also trying to get the electronics sorted out. At least on my car I feel that way. Not sure about the 75', was the interlock unit kept on the efi cars?

11 minutes ago, heyitsrama said:

If the car is trashed then modify to your hearts desire, but don't be the one to tear into a perfectly good chassis. IMO.

Seems like the were also trying to get the electronics sorted out. At least on my car I feel that way. Not sure about the 75', was the interlock unit kept on the efi cars?

Why not modify if the parts aren't in pristine condition? I put 240Z bumpers on the car. I added relays for the headlights and LED headlights. I replaced the engine with a 2.8L that was freshly rebuilt. The previous owner modified the ignition to the ZX ignition. I put on 16 inch wheels. I won't hesitate to modify it some more as I see fit. I'm going to enjoy the car, and my widow can sell it when I'm done enjoying it. :)

As for the seatbelt interlock relay, the requirement went away quickly and quietly toward the end of 1974. Since the 260Z ended up being an extended model year, I believe Nissan was able to get rid of the interlock relay by the time the 280Z was rolled out.

Why not modify if the parts aren't in pristine condition? I put 240Z bumpers on the car. I added relays for the headlights and LED headlights. I replaced the engine with a 2.8L that was freshly rebuilt. The previous owner modified the ignition to the ZX ignition. I put on 16 inch wheels. I won't hesitate to modify it some more as I see fit. I'm going to enjoy the car, and my widow can sell it when I'm done enjoying it. default_smile.png
As for the seatbelt interlock relay, the requirement went away quickly and quietly toward the end of 1974. Since the 260Z ended up being an extended model year, I believe Nissan was able to get rid of the interlock relay by the time the 280Z was rolled out.

I mean I'm down for all those upgrades on the car, I would consider them OEM+, but modifications start when you pull the grinders and welders out.

So the 260z is the black sheep in regards to its electrical system.

13 hours ago, JSM said:

Pics have been updated in the ad.  It's even scarier now.

12 hours ago, Dave WM said:

yikes!!

Holy smokes!  Sadly, this car is nothing but a parts car. And it doesn't look that there are very many good parts left besides the rear hatch glass with the vertical defogger lines!

00l0l_lr21HwNqOcN_1200x900.jpg

01515_k6pnkKHvSzK_1200x900.jpg

00707_9p5FDiWLdxE_1200x900.jpg