IGNORED

My Hoarding of Z Parts

JLPurcell

I'll get some pics of my collection tomorrow of the basement, the garage, the big garage and the storage unit. My friend recently gave me a bunch of parts that he's been collecting since he bought his Z new in 1971. I have a lot of work ahead of me to get all of this sorted and organized.

Chuck

I have cancelled my hoarding counseling with Dr. Wack. In my defense I used this post to prove that I am not qualified to be considered a true hoarder. As I said before, I am just glad that these caches exist it gives hope to the future preservation of our passion.;) Keep the photos coming...... 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JLPurcell said:

I have cancelled my hoarding counseling with Dr. Wack. In my defense I used this post to prove that I am not qualified to be considered a true hoarder. As I said before, I am just glad that these caches exist it gives hope to the future preservation of our passion.;) Keep the photos coming...... 

Funny, at one point in our marriage about 7 years ago, my wife told me I was crazy and needed help, unrelated to Z's of course, so I spent a year in counseling just to prove I was the sane one!  At the end of the year it was quite nice to be considered "normal", whatever that means!

• Like 1

I have taken apart 7 or so parts cars, some so rusty that they crumbled into pieces as I wrenched on them. Add buying other folks left over stuff with a job that takes me up and down the east coast and beyond (think of all those junkyards)....

I did a riff at one of the ZCONs (a place you go to get your Z fix) along the lines of:

You know you're a Z nut when you start storing parts under the bed and your wife thinks that smell is coming from you.

You start out fixing some small rust spot and 3 hours later your car has been stripped to the shell, the engine is out and you're calling Rebello.

You can tell the year of a Z by the VIN without looking it up, list which diff came in which Z from 1970 to 1996 and can match each paint job to its' code number.

When you need a part you buy more than one.

• Like 1