IGNORED

Series 1 Looking For Some Love

jfa.series1

I drove out to check on this car this afternoon and its every bit as sad as the ad photos suggest.  Its a 01/71 car, VIN 19270, last registered in 1988.  Lots of rust - floorboards, outer rockers, doglegs, rust and bondo in both rear quarters, rear valance, bottom of hatch. The cowl panel has gaping rust holes.  Interior a real mess, inner rockers look to be compromised.  The left door was jammed but able to force open so its likely the body is bent.  The tires were pretty flat so unable to inspect frame rails.  The seller thinks he has a $4k treasure.  I suggested the money required to make it a decent car would put owner seriously underwater on finished value.  I told him if he's interested in selling it at a parts car price to get back to me - I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by jfa.series1
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2017 at 6:40 PM, jfa.series1 said:

I drove out to check on this car this afternoon and its every bit as sad as the ad photos suggest.  Its a 01/71 car, VIN 19270, last registered in 1988.  Lots of rust - floorboards, outer rockers, doglegs, rust and bondo in both rear quarters, rear valance, bottom of hatch. The cowl panel has gaping rust holes.  Interior a real mess, inner rockers look to be compromised.  The left door was jammed but able to force open so its likely the body is bent.  The tires were pretty flat so unable to inspect frame rails.  The seller thinks he has a $4k treasure.  I suggested the money required to make it a decent car would put owner seriously underwater on finished value.  I told him if he's interested in selling it at a parts car price to get back to me - I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for taking the time to check the car out, Jim. Sounds like it is in worse condition than what it looks in the pictures. The seller may have let the air out of the tires so you can't see how bad the underside of the car really is.  I agree - it would make a good parts car.

00s0s_iXTlpmKsoa9_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_lDhklYjVJhN_1200x900.jpg

01212_g4vPxYs3le3_1200x900.jpg

00505_cKchDlB8Sk2_1200x900.jpg

00M0M_1kdYqxzAJrg_1200x900.jpg

00g0g_9vS0RLnDmsi_1200x900.jpg