IGNORED

New Fujitsubo Exhaust System to be Released

1 hour ago, Sean Dezart said:

So - did you measure it before fitting ? Can you tell me the internal diamater from the invoice perhaps ?

Engine size doesn't make any difference to the sound (well, not very much anyway) but flow-rate/velocity does and bigger diamater pipes mean less velocity.

Hi Sean, think they advertise pipe size on their website. It’s not massive.

They mean they go to 50mm I think, as in the Center section etc.

given the development and knowledge they’d not go sticking 50mm primaries on it.  Could you imagine the space needed!?

Edited by Jason240z

So had a major major issue with my dizzy.  Which was retarding the motor with any throttle.  Which made timing impossible, it ran crazy lean and sounded lame.  That is now fixed. Runs and sounds like a different z.  

Review 2.0 of the new system.  Sounds meaty, but still quiet enough around town, but open her up and she sounds awesome.  I am beyond happy with it.  I will try to do a youtube video post, I still need to tune the carbs better and take it somewhere where I can rev the motor without upsetting my neighbors.  

• 4 years later...

I know this thread is old… and, um, tense… but it’s also the best resource for info on the Fujitsubo 240z systems on the internet… if you dig through it. So I’m posting an update in case people weren’t aware:

Fujitsubo have a new new version of the Legalis R on the market. It is the EXH Performance EPU version (15-15415) and from what I can tell it’s updates are an O2 sensor and rerouting the pipes at the rear of the car to split before and wrap around the dif.

So that make three versions you can buy online right now:

The original with the fatter resonator:

75C34055-E564-46FC-9CEF-DC83C104DF5C.jpeg

The updated one with tucked up adjacent pipes:

C917A317-510E-4E0A-A181-C9B14BF45768.jpeg

And this one with the split:

02525E15-265B-4171-82B8-DCDAD3FF978D.jpeg

It also looks like it only comes as a total system packaged with the Super Ex header.

There are many things I’m not clear on, though. The split in the pipes accommodates an r200, but does that mean it doesn’t align with the depressions for the twin pipes on a stock r180 differential mount? We’re there changes made to the Super Ex that helped achieve their supposed performance gains (this is supposed to improve performance over the 2nd version)? Does everything fit nicely on a LHD car, as compared to either of the previous versions)?

I reached out to Fujitsubo via Instagram for details but doubt I will hear anything. The retailers can’t answer these questions either.

Edited by Matthew Abate

Doesn’t look like Streeter Corp can help with the details, although I will probably still order through them. Here’s what they said about my questions:

As we operate wholesale with the manufacturers we can't really be digging into deep info about particulars, that's not the kind of retail service we provide to you or them to us.

These were my questions:

1. I can tell the EPU is a full system, but I can’t tell if the header is the same as the Super Ex or if it has also been updated.

2. I see that the EPU version can accommodate an r200 differential, but does it still work with a r180 and the factory cross member that has indents for a twin pipe exhaust?

3. I saw one website saying the EPU version has an O2 sensor, but I wasn’t sure where it is. Is it on the header or the y-pipe?

4a. Is the EPU system a bolt in setup in a left hand drive car, or is there going to be a clearance issue with the steering shaft hitting the header? 4b. Related to this, are all of the hanger brackets welded on already?

5. Are there any other changes to the EPU over the Legalis r / super ex that explain the price increase over the older setup?

4 hours ago, Matthew Abate said:

Doesn’t look like Streeter Corp can help with the details, although I will probably still order through them. Here’s what they said about my questions:

As we operate wholesale with the manufacturers we can't really be digging into deep info about particulars, that's not the kind of retail service we provide to you or them to us.

These were my questions:

1. I can tell the EPU is a full system, but I can’t tell if the header is the same as the Super Ex or if it has also been updated.

2. I see that the EPU version can accommodate an r200 differential, but does it still work with a r180 and the factory cross member that has indents for a twin pipe exhaust?

3. I saw one website saying the EPU version has an O2 sensor, but I wasn’t sure where it is. Is it on the header or the y-pipe?

4a. Is the EPU system a bolt in setup in a left hand drive car, or is there going to be a clearance issue with the steering shaft hitting the header? 4b. Related to this, are all of the hanger brackets welded on already?

5. Are there any other changes to the EPU over the Legalis r / super ex that explain the price increase over the older setup?

Part of the fun of these cars is the frustration dealing with Japan:)