IGNORED

L24 Battles Six S20's. Guess who wins?

7 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

It is all a first pass subject to revisions as new information and corrections come in.

Blue,

I suggest you try doing a bit more in-depth research before you post. Cut, paste and hope isn't going to cut it.

Your choice of thread title says it all, really. It might make the likes of Grannyknot orgasm into his popcorn but it doesn't stand up to much scrutiny.

16 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

"It might make the likes of Grannyknot orgasm into his popcorn"

Pics or it didn't happen.  LOL

As if it's not funny enough in print, read it aloud with an English accent for full impact.

I may have to subscribe to this thread just for giggles.

Dennis

On 1/16/2017 at 9:24 AM, HS30-H said:

You'd better believe it.
Many of the guys taking part in this race were little more than enthusiastic amateurs in home-prepped cars. One of the 'six' mentioned in the thread title was a white 432 (not a 432-R) prepared, entered and driven by amateurs Isamu MIURA and Hajime SAKURAI. This is how their race ended on lap 35:

Sakurai was 20 years old. The crash ended his race, but also put him in hospital with injuries severe enough to end his working career at that point. Sakurai had been a promising amateur racer marked out as a coming talent, but never raced again...

I don't want to be insensitive to Sakurai, but by any chance is there photos of what the car looked like before the accident?

I see it has the Sports Option dual megaphone exhaust and I assume they are widened TOPY wheels?

17 minutes ago, Gav240z said:

I don't want to be insensitive to Sakurai, but by any chance is there photos of what the car looked like before the accident?

I see it has the Sports Option dual megaphone exhaust and I assume they are widened TOPY wheels?

It's not much, but it's better than nothing:

Vob9Nv.jpg

I believe the wheels were Japanese aftermarket brand 'Jaguar' widened steels rather than TOPY.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎-‎1‎-‎2017 at 1:49 AM, HS30-H said:

Newsflash for Grannyknot: The race in question was won by a 432-R pretending to be a 240Z so that it didn't get disqualified. You seem to have overlooked the fact that L24-engined cars weren't around to take part in the first ever race contested by an S30-series Z, or the first race won by an S30-series Z (READ THE NUMBERS). If you think you knew better you could pop back to 1969 and tell Nissan just how silly they were being putting Murayama's precious engine into their new American Sports Car as it would only lead to tears and confusion. 

And really, if the first post in this thread convinced you of anything it only goes to show that you didn't know enough to come to a view in the first place.

The facts don't belong to me, and whatever I say about the 432/432-R won't change what they were, what they were homologated to achieve, what they did actually achieve in period and what they mean in context today. It's a key part of the S30-series Z story, despite the efforts of people like yourself who seem to want to diminish it for some unknown reason? What's that all about, really? Isn't it just the fact that you don't like the usual messenger?

How about you pop up on one of Kats' threads and tell him his 432 is "not special"...? See how that pans out for you. My prediction is that you might find a few people to 'Like This' but not a lot else will happen. Don't worry though, you're not alone as you have a fantasy conspirator in my parallel universe Porsche thread. He's busy telling everyone that the Porsche 911R (Nissan's reference point for the 432-R) was also "not special", with similar reaction... 

The S30 432(R) and the S20 Prince engine are surely unique in the sense of historical value and collector items.

• 1 year later...

It was the Fairlady 240 ZR driven by Takahashi Kunimoto / Kenji Tsubairi that kept the milestone race.
The 2.4L straight 6 L24 engine which was originally export specification has better compatibility with Z than S20 which was installed in the Z432, and has given good results in a number of races.

image.png

1973 Nissan Fairlady 240 ZR

6 hours ago, 240260280 said:

It was the Fairlady 240 ZR driven by Takahashi Kunimoto / Kenji Tsubairi that kept the milestone race.

As pointed out before, running the contents of your hoover bag through a machine translating service is not really good enough.

I think you should have another try with those driver names. Maybe look back over your (much edited) posts further back up-thread.

Your underlining seems to be stuck too. Maybe there's some popcorn stuck under the key?

https://translate.google.ca/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fweb.motormagazine.co.jp%2F_ct%2F17072816&edit-text=&act=url

Although the engine is a counter flow SOHC, it was superior in durability & serviceability, and it was said that it is superior to the Z432

f56e9e6663c964b4e9cdd543cb4820a1ee0fbb1a

On 11/18/2018 at 8:37 AM, HS30-H said:

As pointed out before, running the contents of your hoover bag through a machine translating service is not really good enough.

I think you should have another try with those driver names. Maybe look back over your (much edited) posts further back up-thread.

Your underlining seems to be stuck too. Maybe there's some popcorn stuck under the key?

If you're struggling, don't hesitate to ask me.