IGNORED

Deja Vu: 1971 Restoration

motorman7

Just a few quick updates.  Got the new starter in.  I put the old starter and new starter side by side just to see the difference.  New one looks much better in the car.

Did a gentle sand on the stick shift knob with 320 grit then stained with Red Oak wood stain.  Put a clear coat over that.

Got the OEM style muffler tip that Jay makes so at least the muffler looks fairly close to original from the back end. 

DSCF6044.JPG

DSCF6052.JPG

DSCF6054.JPG

DSCF6065.JPG

• Like 2

Got the  radio and heater/vent control panel in.  Radio lights up and works.  The antenna control switch also works and runs the antenna up and down nicely.  Interior is just about finished, just a few rear panels to finish.  Will also add the sound deadening material in the back panels.  Got the battery cables in today.  They look very nice.  Will take pics of those tomorrow.

DSCF6071.JPG

DSCF6077.JPG

DSCF6094.JPG

DSCF6096.JPG

When installing the new battery cables you will need the correct battery with the + terminal under the fender, like originally from factory. That is a group 24f battery. I believe Nissan sells the correct battery part#999M1-NB24C which puts + under fender . 

The car looks great.

Yes, nice to have the correct battery cables in.  So much nicer.

I stripped all of the hubcaps and prepped a couple for paint with the green tape.  Unfortunately I ran out of paint, so will order some more from Amazon.  The first one came out nice.  

DSCF6108.JPG

DSCF6101.JPG

DSCF6104.JPG

DSCF6105.JPG

DSCF6110.JPG

• Like 3

I finished the hubcaps and installed them.  Also put in the new speaker.  Took the car out for a small photo shoot.  For some reason I thought the best conditions for photographs was with over cast skies, but I don't think that is the case here.  Everything reflects off of the paint.  Should have taken the photos when it was sunny..I guess.  As you can tell, I am not really a skilled photographer.   Anyway, here are a couple pics.

DSCF6126.JPG

DSCF6148.JPG

DSCF6138.JPG

DSCF6136.JPG

DSCF6130.JPG

DSCF6132.JPG

DSCF6128.JPG

Edited by motorman7
  • Like 2