IGNORED

HLS30-00006 at the Crusher?

By the way , this book tells us unique but reliable source about how many Fairlady 240Z series ( 240Z / 240ZL / 240ZG ) car’s were registered in Japan . 

Maybe total 2600 only , that is a very few I think . And 240ZG would be more than half of it , or even 80 % ?? 

At that  time over 2000 cc car got painful tax on it . An Interesting thing that I have heard is even though 240ZG was the most expensive one in the Fairlady 240Z series ,  people who was able to own those price range chose 240ZG . This tells us how well G-nose effect did for people and for car. 

Kats

3A4B3D60-262D-408A-8D24-F2A880CBBAE2.jpeg

EFC0DCF1-8363-487A-89A4-BFBF71C91143.jpeg

2EE2D683-D172-4BFC-99D2-E6D43E4E2521.jpeg

CD449C4B-30A0-4F4A-A26C-60F5AB82E2D2.jpeg

• Like 4

Thank you so much Alan ! I didn't know there was a edited version. My mother used to be a Kimono craftsman , and also she used to help others to wear Kimono . Definitely short hair is STD we think (however I don't know about 1000 years ago ) .

I can imagine that , if foreigners wear Kimono , it could be both (short and long ) . When I saw the long hair lady in the picture , I felt pretty much "it is a overseas style " .

So, this 240Z with Kimono ladies was on the display at Beverly Hilton ? Or Pierre Hotel ?

In the 80's , we still saw her hair up as a STD .  A cover from Yellow Magic Orchestra (US version) .

Kats

Yellow_Magic_Orchestra_(album)_US_coverart.jpg

• Like 3

Wow!

Kats, you look great at the Pierre!

Alan, I never noticed the hair crop.  But then consider that these were modern times and the models were modern Japanese women?  Barbara Sato would smile.  The men haven't lost their tradition!  I have other pictures from Nissan USA quarterlies that show kimono clad models at Datsun / Nissan photo opps.  Hair up, of course.  I think this was a Mr. K thing; having the models in kimonos.  I was at the National Gallery in Washington D.C. a couple of months ago.  We saw an incredible show of Japanese art dealing with animals.  Lovely kimonos on display.  The crains were there.

Deco-Japan_0015.jpg

Edited by 26th-Z
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, kats said:

So, this 240Z with Kimono ladies was on the display at Beverly Hilton ? Or Pierre Hotel ?

I believe it is at the Pierre, Kats. You noted the difference in the flooring (Beverley Hilton Hotel carpet is quite distinctive in your colour photo) but something does not look 'right' in the B/W photos to me. I feel like they have been airbrushed/re-touched. I think editors would prefer a plain backdrop. The version in the Nissan 10-year report book looks especially as though it was edited to me. Floor area under the car and around the lady on the left looks especially suspicious to me, whilst I see more floor detail - and even some flash bounce? - on the short hair-edited version.

I get the feeling that the Pierre Hotel event was not ideal for press photography...

Edited by HS30-H
typo
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, kats said:

In the 80's , we still saw her hair up as a STD .  A cover from Yellow Magic Orchestra (US version) .

Kats

Yellow_Magic_Orchestra_(album)_US_coverart.jpg

Watch out for those acronyms, Kats. 'STD' might be 'Standard', but it's also 'Sexually Transmitted Disease'...!

Nice YMO cover! I worked with them some years ago.

• Like 3

Thanks Chris , I will visit Pierre Hotel again next month on my day-off at NYC . Nice cranes , looks like made of metal , we normally make crane from a sheet of paper . And if you whish paticuler thing strongly for your familly or friend etc, make 1000 cranes  and tied them all together , and give it to those people .

Alan,  yes now I see the picture which is on Nissan 10th anniversary book was edited around the floor !

Now I have a question , why the long hair lady was edited to be a short hair lady ? Like Chris mentioned Japanese men didn't forget their tradition ?

Kats

Thanks Alan , it is crane , TSURU in Japanese . I edited.

Edited by kats