IGNORED

[2017] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Z31Atlanta organized a dyno day and opened it up to others. It was only $50 for 3 pulls, so I figured I would find out what the new motor was pulling. I played it conservative because I don't really know much about the actual build, telling them to cut off at 6000 RPM. After seeing the results, I would say I might have left some HP on the table, considering the best run was 122.5 HP (128.0 with WCF) at 6006 RPM (88.6 MPH - and me without a flux capacitor). Peak torque was 109.8 Ft-lb (114.7 with WCF) at 4575 RPM (65.5 MPH). The owner of the shop said it would probably top out around 150 HP on a Dynojet dynomometer. 

So any educated interpretations of the graph?

Dyno Sheet.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Z31Atlanta organized a dyno day and opened it up to others. It was only $50 for 3 pulls, so I figured I would find out what the new motor was pulling. I played it conservative because I don't really know much about the actual build, telling them to cut off at 6000 RPM. After seeing the results, I would say I might have left some HP on the table, considering the best run was 122.5 HP (128.0 with WCF) at 6006 RPM (88.6 MPH - and me without a flux capacitor). Peak torque was 109.8 Ft-lb (114.7 with WCF) at 4575 RPM (65.5 MPH). The owner of the shop said it would probably top out around 150 HP on a Dynojet dynomometer. 

So any educated interpretations of the graph?

Dyno Sheet.jpg

My interpretation is that you definitely need a Rollbar now. :bunny:   Definitely not tame for those ATL streets....:beer:

Beautiful drive day for the Z today So I went here  https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/pts/d/datsun/6201087458.html

I've been itching to see everything and looking for a few stray parts.  His name is Roger and seems like a really nice/honest guy with too many cars.  28 according to him, 240's, 260's,280's, 280zx's,300's,  Plus LOTS of engines, carbs, wheels and stuff already pulled.  He wants/needs to sell them by Sept..

He won't ship and I can understand why. It really is overwhelming.  Consider it a Pick and Pull Bonanza.  Going to make a list and go back

23 hours ago, gwri8 said:

Beautiful drive day for the Z today So I went here  https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/pts/d/datsun/6201087458.html

I've been itching to see everything and looking for a few stray parts.  His name is Roger and seems like a really nice/honest guy with too many cars.  28 according to him, 240's, 260's,280's, 280zx's,300's,  Plus LOTS of engines, carbs, wheels and stuff already pulled.  He wants/needs to sell them by Sept..

He won't ship and I can understand why. It really is overwhelming.  Consider it a Pick and Pull Bonanza.  Going to make a list and go back

Give me enough notice. I might be able to go with you.

• Like 1

• Mike pinned and locked this topic