IGNORED

1970 Z432 For Sale - California

gundee

Really, it's just that I called out somebody for name-calling yet the name-calling is still there.  And the point of the thread (this is on-topic) was to have a little bit of fun with incomprehensible valuations.  Who really understands being able to spend $225,000 on a single car?  It started out as fun and went south with one single post.  Let's be clear.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gav240z said:

If they did any of the above they may better appreciate what makes these cars special.

I think that what's really going on here is that there are a few people who feel a bit lonely that other people don't appreciate the value of what they have.

Everyone agrees that you can't define value for other people.  You just can't, it's up to the individual.  fF a person doesn't like something that's their prerogative.  But this whole thread is an attempt to sway other people's opinions.  But it's having the opposite of the intended effect.  Calling somebody a dimwit because they don't feel the way that you do is like calling someone an idiot because their favorite color is different from yours, or because they don't like tea.  It's irrational.

• Like 1

Of all the vocabulary used to describe people in this thread I think "dimwit" is pretty moderate. Certainly not that bad compared to what I see in a lot of other avenues of the Internet, I'd almost say it was a polite way of insulting someone. 

Of course someone is entitled to express an opinion but to down right trash or degrade these cars when you already apparently own 1 makes no sense to me. Especially if you've never like I say driven, owned or experienced 1 of these cars for yourself.

I have to ask the question? Why are they here? Isn't the Classiczcar.com club all about preservation, restoration and appreciation of these cars? If you want to discuss how rubbish the original engines were I'm sure Hybridz.org would love to have you and encourage you to stick an LS lump in it and be done with it.

I also happen to own an FD RX-7 and I'm constantly told by "experts" that the rotary is a rubbish unreliable engine that eats apex seals within 10 miles and produces no torque.. When I ask them if they have ever driven 1 or owned 1, I usually get a deafening  silence... In my opinion those too happy to trash and diss something based on what they read on the Internet are just a bunch of virtue signaling "dimwits" and should be ignored anyway.

Now can we get back to discussing how great these cars are?

2 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Mike, people have seen my posts, the ones you keep deleting.  Why do you keep deleting my rational logical statements but leave HS30's name-calling "dimwit" post?  You keep saying that you're unbiased but then you keep biasing your editing.

Just explain it one time on the public forum so that we all understand what's going on.  You're not making sense.  How is what I post different from what HS30 is posting?  One simple explanation will do.  I don't get it.

I only delete entirely off-topic posts or ones that I receive complaints.  Please send me your complaints and I'll take a look at it.

Zed Head, I tend to also remove your posts because you have a way of dominating a conversation by posting too many replies.  May I suggest that you rationalize your thoughts about a topic and submit a single post with your information?

Lastly, I do not tolerate trolling.  If you need a definition, please look here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

One of our former members, Enrique (escanlon) put together a very good terms and conditions for our site and I think it hits home right now.  Please take a look and remember, he died at a very early age.  I cannot see him, talk to him, nor can I insult or thank him.  He would appreciate this thread I'm sure.  When you guys are beating each other over the head, remember "life is short."  Treat each other with respect because you don't know if you'll see that guy again.

Mike

• Mike locked this topic