IGNORED

[SOLD] 1971 240Z for Sale. Fresh Restoration.

zKars

Muffler work is complete.

Main muffler is a stainless Magnaflow 14211 and the resonator is a Vibrant 1140 "Ultra Quiet" The fitment of the muffler is fantastic. It is standing upright and looks totally tucked from the rear. Both inlet and outlet are offset to the same side. The resonator is about as wide as it can be. Wish it came in double offset, the in and out pipes would not have to be as curved. 

Just have to find a nice tip.

The sound is fantastic. Quiet'ish at idle and cruise but has a good sound under power, but not loud or obnoxious. 

I see more cleaning I need to do... sigh....

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Went out to the shop Thursday morning and discovered a wet spot under the rear end. Now what the hell is going on? I've put a total of maybe 100 km on the car so far.

Turned out to be a leaking side seal on the diff. This will never do. Ripped the whole dang rear end apart and while I was at it did more "detailing". Decide the red diff and drive axles just don't fit the vibe so..

image.jpeg

Here is the seal. Totally ripped up. No idea why. The other side is perfect. Easy enough to change.

image.jpeg

And removed all the grime from the back end. Down to the white paint. Not a hint of any prior undercoating, every  seam is exposed. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I suppose this all should be undercoated, but not until the next owner sees this rustless wonderland.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Tempted to steal a helicopter and fly over to peak at this gem...
Nice work and tip of the hat for the open discussion of issues and repairs! Honest disclosure is always the best policy. You are indeed a true gentleman!

53 minutes ago, wheee! said:

Tempted to steal a helicopter and fly over to peak at this gem...
Nice work and tip of the hat for the open discussion of issues and repairs! Honest disclosure is always the best policy. You are indeed a true gentleman!

There's a big school yard right across the street. come on down!

Thanks also for the kind words. Just always works out best this way. Now if someone would just buy the dang thing before I decide I love it too much to keep it. That blue is growing on me.

• Like 1

Been busy making ads on several sites. Just posted the beast on our datsunclassifieds.com

http://www.datsunclassifieds.com/autos/datsun/1971-240z-series-1-1971-25-000-00-4583.htmlhttp://www.datsunclassifieds.com/autos/datsun/1971-240z-series-1-1971-25-000-00-4583.html

Its on local kijiji and Autotrader.ca as well. Have submitted an ad to zcartrader.com as well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...