Engine Mount Insulator - pilot hole issue? - Page 4 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Engine Mount Insulator - pilot hole issue?

Featured Replies

  • Author

So I ended up sucking it up and buying OEM motor mounts from Nissan. Pilot holes fit like a champ but......

Steering column rod is difficult to align due to either aftermarket or OEM motor mount. Anybody else run into this issue?

tmp_29329-IMG_20160828_1203016971175781067.jpg

  • Author

Ok so with a little brute force and the use of a language I tend to speak in occasionally when working on projects It's On!

So I have found that OEM mounts are expensive but will fit (pilot hole wise) ... aftermarket will fit with modification.

Thanks all that responded to this thread! Always appreciate your help!

I used OEM and they fit perfectly. Makes me wonder, are all these aftermarket brands made by the same factory will poor specs? Why don't they fix the problem?

I can remember having trouble getting the drivers side in. Think I removed the steering rod the get better access.

I think that I loosened the bolts to the other part of the mount, the bracket that actually bolts to the engine block.  When I replaced the mounts with the engine in, and later when I replaced the engine.  Leave them all loose, wiggle everything in to place, get them aligned, tighten them all back up.  It was some extra nut and bolt turning, but it worked out well.  

That was with aftermarket mounts.  Which did not need any filing or pin modification.  OReilly purchase, very poor quality.  1976 car.

Edited by Zed Head

  • 4 years later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I would call a local dealership and let them run that p/n and their price. You could get it the next day most likely, no shipping but you have pay sales tax.

Do you know about Courteseynissan.com? They are known for keeping older Zs on the road.

Edited by siteunseen

My dealership shows out of stock too for all the old stuff but they get it from a distribution center in Mississippi, usually next day.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.