IGNORED

Advice lining up MSA exhaust on a 240?

siteunseen

It hasn't ever felt hot enough to cause damage but I've not grabbed it after any long running time. I'll keep check on it now that it's so close to the paint. Thanks for reminding me.  It sticks out kinda goofy far but I don't mind as long as it doesn't soot up the rear.  It does spit out a few drips of moisture, I wonder what causes that?  

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

It hasn't ever felt hot enough to cause damage but I've not grabbed it after any long running time.  It sticks out kinda goofy far but I don't mind as long as it doesn't soot up the rear.  It does spit out a few drips of moisture, I wonder what causes that?  

That whole thing just sounds so wrong... I don't even know where to start.  LOL

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Condensation, as long as you don't take too many short drives, if the entire exhaust system gets up to temp so that moisture is driven out you'll be fine. It's short trips that rust out exhausts.

Oh okay, I only see it when I'm warming it up in the garage.  Thanks, I'm about to hit the roads this morning and see how my new speedo gear acts. 

That thing blows out more air than anything I've ever had, if an engine is a big air pump then mine is working fine.  My air box is still off though?

15 hours ago, siteunseen said:

It hasn't ever felt hot enough to cause damage but I've not grabbed it after any long running time. I'll keep check on it now that it's so close to the paint. Thanks for reminding me.

Boy oh boy was I wrong and that's rare. LOL

That tip was over 200 degrees when I checked it but the painted skirt above it was only 125.

Speedo is much better thank goodness, I would've gotten a speeding ticket had I left the 19 in there. I was turning 3200 rpm at 80 mph.  Now 2500 to get 80 and I was in a pack of cars on the interstate where everyone runs 80 mph.

20160625_094516.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 6/24/2016 at 9:26 AM, siteunseen said:

The hanger on the front of the S pipe works better attached to the driver's side of the cars bracket, you can see where I had it on the other side before and that was pulling it towards the passengers side.

DSC01504.JPG

site, is that hanger behind the diff strap?

Edited by sweatybetty

1 hour ago, sweatybetty said:

I can go look to be 100% but I'm 99.9% sure its behind where the driver's seat is. After the seat or seat pan the underside goes up and that one hooks up in there. It's on the long straighter pipe that comes off the header. EDIT: It is at connection of the S pipe to the straighter one.

I'd be more than happy to go downstairs and take more pictures if you want me to. Let me know...

Edited by siteunseen

• 6 years later...

I know this is a zombie thread, but I'm in MSA exhaust install hell again.  I got their aluminized system years ago and never installed it until today.  Just like the last system I installed, this system fits like crap.  Has anybody got the slip fit MSA exhaust to fit on a 280Z?  The kink in the long pipe is angled too much and the Z shaped pipe is too long between the 90° bends.  It puts the muffler too far outboard to fit right.

20230916_174314.jpg