IGNORED

Patcon

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Datsun-Z-Series-/162068983109?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

Number 64 on Ebay. $50k starting bid plus a reserve. It's not even perfect. After market fuel pump. Interior miss matched, shock tower vinyl looks to have flaws. will be interesting to watch. If it brings that the world of Z's has truly changed...

4 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Is this the same guy that had that convertible in Beverly Hills?  His ad was fun to pick apart. LOL

Yup.  A frequent seller of expensive Zs of questionable value.  Good ebay feedback and sells lots of Zs when you check his sales history.  Bidding appears to be a little slow to get started on this one, however.

Dennis

It got a bid at 50K, and get this....  Reserve not met!!! He's got a reserve on it ABOVE 50K.

It's beautiful, and I'd love to have it. But for that money? "All original?" In addition to what is in the ad and what has been mentioned above already:

H4 headlights. Hood misaligned and standing proud at the front. Front tip of the hood looks rounded like it was pushed in and subsequently fixed. Crack in the right sugar scoop. Green paint overspray on the muffler? Speakers in the doors. Some weird mount (cell phone?) attached to dash. Poor fitting seat covers. Parking brake boot missing. Overspray on front strut tower nuts. Green overspray on floor pans under car.

And what's the red spot poking out from underneath the VIN tag? That to me looks like the car used to be orange, but I don't see any signs of that anywhere else.

Like I said, it's beautiful, and I hope for all our sakes he gets what he's asking, but geez!!  And for that low of a VIN, I'd want history and mileage documentation.

On ‎13‎-‎5‎-‎2016 at 4:34 AM, sweatybetty said:

that id plate looks too nice for its age

Also the numbers are NOT factory original.. they are irregular and punched in much to hard on a soft underground.. take a look at a original you'll see the difference..

I'm not much of a 'Original Guy' but for fun here are the things I picked out that are not correct,

-Overspray, wrong fuel pump, top throttle bell crank should be straight, brake master cyl caps, speakers in doors, wrong radio, missing bumperettes, headlights, P/S mirror(shouldn't be there), wrong D/S mirror, wrong antenna, wrong wheels, some kind of lock just to the left of P/S brake light, front marker lamps upside down, wrong wiper blades, shifter boot colour might be wrong, rear deck carpet from a later year.

What did I miss?  The only clue that there might have been a colour change is that little splash of Datsun orange paint just to the left of the P/S shock tower data plate.

Looks like a solid $14,000 car in need of complete restoration to me.

• Like 1