IGNORED

Need a miracle!

Taxelson

8 hours ago, Taxelson said:

It seems the car is testing my resolve.  The starter is cranking over as it should, but I can't get it to start.  I tapped on the injector and the problem seems to be solved. But I still can't get her to start.  Theses 40 year old cars are tricky at times.

Troy

Have you got the small wire plugged into the solenoid on the starter? That'll keep it from starting.

Yes, I have the wire plugged in, good question.  I did check for spark on the plug, they are getting spark.  That's what I can't understand, I have spark, obviously I HAD a lot of fuel, but still won't start, weird.

I haven't done it yet but I think you move the plug wires on the distributor across from where they are supposed to be.

So 153624 one eighty out would be 624153. I think that's right. See the pictures above in that post. Try it and see. The proper way would be to drop the oil pump and retime the spindle gear. The notch on the pump should match the dot on the shaft.

I'd do the easy first, move the wires. You should get it at TDC with the front two cam lobes resembling rabbit's ears or a V. The first two valves should be closed, the round part of the cam lobe down on the rockers with the tips facing north west and the other north east. That's the compression stroke where TDC must be. If you set it up on the exhaust stroke the rotor button would be facing the cabin instead of the radiator, that's 180 off. I can help better with pictures but unfortunately I'm on my phone.

Sorry for muddying the water, it's Saturday and I've been working in the yard. LOL

9 hours ago, sweatybetty said:

cant you just pull the distributor up a bit and turn the rotor 180*? older Chryslers are that way. they look the same as the picture

Nope,  the distributor shaft tang mates to the oil pump shaft in only one position,

16 minutes ago, S30Driver said:

Nope,  the distributor shaft tang mates to the oil pump shaft in only one position,

The strange thing is that I have seen someone get the distributor 180 out before. Don't ask me how, but it happened.