IGNORED

Rally anyone?

Mike

Guus,

at first: Thanks for your victory lane. As you know I used it to start my search on registering the works cars rallye events. Now I'm already anxiously waiting for EricB's Excel matrix so that we all together can try to complete the history.

Concerning sportZmagazine I was an early subscriber but in the beginning there were some difficulties for the german post that was not able to read automatically my german adress that was printed on the envelop in the american order. So I had for a long time a very friendly conversation with sportZmagazine. That's how I got in contact with the team there and the busy editor David. I like it and I recommand it. It's a pity that it is quite expensive for us here in EUROland, perhaps the exchange rate will turn to our advantage one day. I wanted to insert an image here cutaway of the works Safari car), but I can't find out how to do it. IMG says "enter a text for formating", but nothing about the

way to put in the picture. Can you or someone explain me how to do it right?

Rolf

:o To put a pict online you have to upload-it to a web-folder of your choice, with an ftp program like "cute ftp" or "leechftp".

Then you have to link your photo by typing it'se exact adress

"ex.http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/xxxxx.jpg"

and voilà!

It's really a lot easyer that it sound.

PS : It's really sunny here, why don't you come for a quick swim?

Rolf,

I just sent you the Excel spreadsheet in 97/98 format - if it does not open correctly let me know and I will try a different format. I just read your post above about asking me to add the 73-81 data... let me see if i can do that right now..... if it works out i will send you a newer spreadsheet with all the info

-e

Hi guys,

Look what I found at eBay http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1836462986

I already have this one so I leave it up to you!! Good Luck with bidding.

Guus

This is a 1973 vintage race poster advertising the MONTE CARLO RALLY and the legendary performance of the Datsun 240Z.

This poster is quite large measuring 28 1/2" by 40 1/2".

It is in fair condition with tack holes in each corner, wrinkling along the edges and a small strip of paper is missing at the top. The top left corner has a tear and the paper was folded back in the picture and the bottom right corner has been stained.

www.z-point.nl/victory_lane.htm

At last, a dedicated forum to Rally(s)& 240z's!

Thanks Mike!

I'll open the discussion up for others that may be interested in different types of rally(s)see which is going to be most popular [Forest Racing ala WRC, Tarmac Rally or those Navigational Nightmares] or is it going to be Rally Prep?

Currently I have been campaigning a 240z in all 3 types with moderate results.

I have been experiancing intermitant problems with Headlight & Driving Light failure and am wondering if there are any others on the list who have experianced a similar problem?

So far the problem only occurs when the DL's are switched on. ie all lights on High. The failure usually occurs at the end of stage when Low beam is selected and pow! no lights!!!!

Any ideas!!!!

Mike

Zedrallye,

up to now I didn't have your problem in an event but I fear I will get it as soon as I would drive with 6 lights burning. I think the Z's generator isn't powerful enough, as well as the battery. I changed the american sealed beam lights to Hella-bi jode that has a quite acceptable far going beam and add the Cibie wide angeled fog lights to have better visibility on both sides for cornering. I once tried the 100 W Hella far beam lights together with the Cibies and I got your troubles. So I decided the above compromise. Has anyone on the list experienced stronger generators or knows anyone what Datsun did to the works rallye cars ?

Rolf