IGNORED

1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build

Patcon

Also I could use some pictures.

I need some shots of the dash area, preferably without the dash to see how all the heater system mounts up. Factory AC would be a bonus. I don't have any of my original disassembly pictures...

Thanks, C

So I worked on a few things today.

I polished the headlight rings but can't find the screws for the headlight rings... 😞

Did some tinkering on the hatch. Put the rubber bumpers and the plugs in the hatch jambs.

Then I started working on the hatch vents. Put the accordion boots into the hatch. Then test fit the scuppers and the gaskets.

20240129_180055_resized.jpg

20240129_180059_resized.jpg

Is there something that goes in this hole in the corner

20240129_180914_resized.jpg

So with the grills on you can see some yellow inside. So I will black this area out

20240129_183636_resized.jpg

20240129_183815_resized.jpg

So I have these screws in a bag that say hatch hardware. Any ideas where they go?

20240129_180433_resized.jpg

Here are the plates for under the hinge hatches. Any tips on the install for the hinge boots, plates and hinges??

20240129_173103_resized.jpg

20240129_173107_resized.jpg

I also don't know what the hatch hinge bolts to body look like...

Also, do the hatch stoppers at the bottom use screws or bolts? Anyone have a picture?

@inline6

I had thought about taking your spreasdsheet and adding thumbnail pictures of each fastener in my "spare time".

Also in other news the Courtesy Nissan parts store is evidently now closed...

Not closed, moved to a different website...

Edited by Patcon
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

@inline6

I had thought about taking your spreasdsheet and adding thumbnail pictures of each fastener in my "spare time".

Also in other news the Courtesy Nissan parts store is evidently now closed...

We can hope that temporarily means temporarily. Meanwhile there is still Nissanpartsdeal.com and Nissanparts.cc. You can also try https://www.lynchburgnissan.com/parts/center.htm#parts-lead-form

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, SteveJ said:

We can hope that temporarily means temporarily. Meanwhile there is still Nissanpartsdeal.com and Nissanparts.cc. You can also try https://www.lynchburgnissan.com/parts/center.htm#parts-lead-form

I'm close by, will try to swing by there and see what is happening. A very good friend for all of us - David House, has worked there for years, hope all is well for him. I heard a story that the dealership has changed owners to the Clay Cooley group.

• Like 1

Those are great pics Jim!!

My concerns on Courtesy is a "There's just no money in it..." type business decision.

They have been very supported of the classic cars for a long time...

5 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Those are great pics Jim!!

My concerns on Courtesy is a "There's just no money in it..." type business decision.

They have been very supported of the classic cars for a long time...

I think it may be a change in business priorities. I met Steve Richardson over 25 years ago. I believed he was the manager of the parts department & Z enthusiast, and that was the hey day of buying Z car parts from them. I noticed the inventory of unique parts faded after he left. Without a champion in the parts department to support the older cars, it can be a tough sell to continue the effort.

• Agree 1