IGNORED

1971 HLS30-14938 "Lily" build

Patcon

• 4 weeks later...

Update on the pieces I ordered off Ebay. So what I received are two pieces of rubber maybe a 1/4" thick. They are not very compressible. I don't think I will be using them. I am planning on getting some reproductions from 240zrubber

20240106_125331_resized.jpg

20240106_125343_resized.jpg

20240106_125403_resized.jpg

Posted (edited)

Also remember this trim is exceedingly thin! So the closer you can dolly it the better. It's not some thick trim off a 70s Detroit beast. There are limits to how much you can sand with the course stuff!

You'll know you're getting really thin if it turns blue easily when buffing

Edited by Patcon
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Patcon said:

Also remember this trim is exceedingly thin!

Like the chrome on a 1979 280zx bumper! 0,68mm?  I had to polish that after a lot (!!) of hammering.. took some afternoons as it is very very hard, high chromium stainless..  But yours came out great!

• Thanks 1

I was not sure if all the extra material that holds the auto shifter was there on the manual console? Or whether the manual had that but didn't have the notches where the auto shifter slid through?

The Auto shifter holes mounting are different on two positions. I believe I had to add two mounting locations for the trim plate towards the rear of the console. You may or may not have to enlarge the tunnel. The original manual trans dimples were there and just hard to drill and affix fasteners.

My 240Z (12/70 build)  has none of what is shown for the auto shifter.  The shifter hole is just a straight hole with rounded corners, no slots for the metal strip, etc.  No holes to mount the auto shifter parts or the feed though for the lamp wiring either.  Looking at it again it looks like the shape of that area around the shifter is slightly different also.

• Thanks 1