IGNORED

Blowby-too much smoke!

zmanoside

24 or 27mm or English equivalent . You need to turn it from under the car. If you lay down in front of the car and reach under there you can slip the socket on that big bolt . Just push the fan blades out of the way. Put your ratchet on there and turn. 

I thought the very last lobe looked weird and still can't make it out, but maybe camera is fooling me. One more pic directly on that lobe

I don't even have a 24 or 27 and I'll have to get a socket that is long enough to reach in there. Curious, how is it that in both of the videos I watched they are using the camshaft bolt to turn it with ease?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by zmanoside

Put the car in high gear and roll it back and forward. I've adjusted mine that way until I got a remote starter. With the plugs out it's pretty easy. Use the tire to roll it, there's not alot of places to grab on to up front.

That rear lobe looks suspect to me. Now if you could post a pic of the rocker under it, the passenger's side where the contact pad is.

• Like 2

Thanks. I wasn't able to get my tools in there to reach the crankshaft bolt to turn it. I put it in 4th and rolled it back and forth and that worked. Now am I able to just adjust the lash on just the 6th cylinder or do I have to do all of them?

your head looks nice and clean - many would be envious. another way to turn the cam is with the lugs on the center of the camshaft. use a large crescent wrench and turn it ccw (pulling it towards you if working over the passenger side fender). this keeps the timing chain tight on the drive side, and is the same as turing the crank pulley cw (as in, both keep the timing chain tight on the drive side). i don't know why it would be hard to turn with the plugs out and tranny in neutral, usually it's a one-hand operation. i'm guessing the tranny wasn't really in neutral...