IGNORED

Aluminum flywheel friction plate

jeanp

Hi need your help again the PO of my 240Z did change the flywheel for a 11pound aluminum

I cannot figure from where it comes and was wondering if the friction plate is standard or

if I need same brand i am putting photo of the flywheel

IMG_0660.JPG

IMG_0661.JPG

Jean, I can't say for sure with out some measurements but that flywheel will probably take a standard clutch kit, but first off you need to take the fly wheel to a shop and see if there is enough meat left on it so that it can be turned flat again, you can't use it the way it is.

At least from the photo it looks grooved.

Looks like a Tilton to me.  There should be that manufacturers name stamped on it along with the Nissan part number 12310-F1011 for the 225mm unit and 12310-F1013  for the 240mm unit.  The replacement friction center is Nissan part number  12311-F1011 for the 225mm.  The replacement friction center for the 240mm is NLA.

Edited by John Coffey
  • Like 1

Thank's for quick responses

measurements  friction plate outside 228mm inside 146mm cannot fine any number or letters anywhere on th flywheel or friction plate

and actualy i am looking to change friction plate only it as about 1/4 inch left on it i do not think i can have it flatened it would probably be

to thin. 

Yes, I was was just looking at the exact same pictures at Hybrid Z. The Fidanza has a thicker crank hub boss on the backside, like the OP's picture . My Audi Fidanza aluminium flywheel has the same thick boss area. It's tough to call though.

If no identifying marks can be found it. Might be an idea for the OP to send the pictures to Tilton and Fidanza to see if they can make a positive ID.

Had a original Tilton aluminium Flywheel on my Race Datsun 1200 back in the mid 70's and one on my Autocross 1971 Camaro RS. Very nice piece of kit.

3 hours ago, jeanp said:

Thank's for quick responses

measurements  friction plate outside 228mm inside 146mm cannot fine any number or letters anywhere on th flywheel or friction plate

and actualy i am looking to change friction plate only it as about 1/4 inch left on it i do not think i can have it flatened it would probably be

to thin. 

I have a Tilton. It has a slight "TL" looking engraving on the front. Just had it resurfaced and  my machinist said he could go down to the screw heads holding the disc on. He removed the dowls and resurfaced it with the disc in place. I can put up a picture in the morning but it's my bedtime now, sorry.

• 3 weeks later...