IGNORED

[2016] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Thanks!

No, i used the late E88 head i had on my car, boat anchor they call them : )   Well not so much i think.

I have done no porting on the head But i have bigger valves and steel seats like in the N42 head. Ended up with a cc of 50 in the chambers, bigger valves ad volyme. Shaved the head to get to 44 cc.

And i have the msa stage 3 kit.

With some porting to the head I  think it will easy make over 200hp to the wheels. 

It still have some power left in the tuning of the carbs. At least my dyno guy said so.

• Like 1

Worked on prepping the hatch and it's glass for a new window seal.  The factory seal is getting very hard & beginning to let rain water in a bit.  Was pleasantly surprised that there was only a small area of surface rust on the bottom underside of the channel for the seal.

Fortunately for me, thanks to Zup, I have a spare cream colored Z car to run around in while I work on the orange car. :)

WindowSeal1.jpgWindowSeal2.jpgWindowSeal3.jpg

27 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Yeah, I like that. I would be in the market for one of those but I am afraid I might cuss a lot trying to work on it...

I did Charles, but it was worth it to get it back on the road ....   Quite a refined rocket z car, that's for sure.

13 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Yeah, I like that. I would be in the market for one of those but I am afraid I might cuss a lot trying to work on it...

No doubt. My kids all drive older cars because they like my free labor. Deep down, I still like want to see points in my dist. and carbs on the manifold. I suppose I could bring myself up to date a little, because, after all, "I'm a man. I can change, if I have to, I guess.

"

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Attended the 5th annual charity car show here in Prairie Grove Saturday with Zup.  A very nice event with some gorgeous cars all across the spectrum represented.  Nice turnout on a beautiful day with about 80 to 90 cars.

The import section was dominated by myself & Zup (the only 2 imports).

When the votes were all tallied .... appreciation of the judges for Zup's beautiful Zilver 240 took 5th Place!    Congrats Jim!  (and thanks for the victory beer)

A highlight of the show, was meeting Duane, a owner of a very nice modified 55 Chevrolet sedan.  he is a very knowledgeable guy, and raced against Paul Newman back in the day.  His car I believe won Best in Show.

PGshow1.jpgPGshow2.jpg

Zup & DuanePGshow3.jpgPGshow4.jpg

(Old School but reliable theft deterrent)PGshow5.jpg

• Like 2

At a stoplight a few minutes ago in my 240z and a beige '69 KKE pulled up on my left.  Had a brief conversation with the driver, letting him know I admired his car.  He liked my car too.  His car appeared immaculate as far as I could tell.  A couple of weeks ago in a parking lot I noticed a Porsche 944 sitting near my car.  Got into a fun discussion with the driver and learned about Porsche engines as he opened the hood for a look see.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mike locked this topic