IGNORED

What are you paying for gas?

Ed

me and the wife are rethinking buying a new full size pickup now, wanted one for a boat and trailer hauler but at these prices the HEMI doesn't look so good , neither does the titan LOL , either way I hate to said what we are all thinking but I doubt they are going anywhere but up :(

Drove across the Missery state line yesterday to pick up a motor. Paid $1.81 for unlead and bought two cases of beer saving $5+ on the two. All within 50 minutes of home. Gas here is (and has been for a week) $2 and up for unlead. Bible belters like to tax hell out of each other to have nice roads and no drinking (KS taxes beer 3 times before you saddle up to the bar).

I must say, we have nice roads and the contractors that built them and their politician friends live in lovely homes.

Kansas is pro people and pro business, IF you can afford it.

Maybe the traders in oil contracts are figuring in the price increase after the November election?

The Saudi Royal family gave North America and Europe a price "adjustment" for all shipments loaded in October. The Saudi ambassabor to the U.S. said that the Royal family always feels it is in their best interest that the U.S. goverment maitains the status quo.

That is understandable on their part, they have spent a great deal to be represented in U.S. politics.

After the election expect the Saudis to price their oil at the level they can (with the old, or a new administration). Domestic refiners will also gouge to their hearts content and boldly point their finger abroad or blame the "winter fuel oil need", and the goverment will blame the consumers for not conserving without taking responsibility for the lack of a national policy (not even if it already has been enacted behind the V.P. office door).

Everybody will get what they want, except the consumer.

On the way to work this morn I passed a filling station that was selling it's 87 octane for $1.85. Being a typical yank, I would never buy a car based on its fuel consumption rate. However, these $30 full ups are making me think about it a lot more. What kind of mileage are you fellas getting with your Z's?

On the way to work this morn I passed a filling station that was selling it's 87 octane for $1.85. Being a typical yank, I would never buy a car based on its fuel consumption rate. However, these $30 full ups are making me think about it a lot more. What kind of mileage are you fellas getting with your Z's?

Hi Daniel.

I'm getting about 18 miles to the gallon in city driving and 24 miles to the gallon on the highway.

I'm driving a stock '75 280z with an '81 5 speed trany.

I get 17 - 19 mpg in my '78 280Z in the city, so we're all pretty consistent there. Haven't done much of any highway driving with it.

And here in the cornfields of Central Illinois, 87 octane regular just jumped to $2.09. 91 Octane premium is $2.29.