IGNORED

sweatys rebuild

sweatybetty

Maybe a little late Sweats but the upper rear corner of the door seal needs to have a "vee" cut into it. This allows the rubber to go all the way back into the corner and meet to seal it. That corner will allow water to come in that you want notice until you begin getting that moldy smell inside. A moldy smell means rust is not far behind it. Sorry I didn't get a chance to offer it earlier. Not too late to fix it though. Looks good. We need more motion video though.

excellent day today, cherry popped! :D the pig got a bath and 8 miles on the odometer. the suspension is very nice and tight, throttle response is good, but the brake prop valve needs a little tuning. going to do a few more miles tomorrow, get some fuel and then sunday plug in the tracking software for the a/f ratio meter. kind of hard to watch the meter and drive at the same time

DSCN0401.JPG

DSCN0404.JPG

DSCN0405.JPG

Edited by sweatybetty
  • Like 4

You've managed to achieve a really nice stance for the car.  The match-up of tire size/profile to wheel diameter/offset relative to the wheel openings looks spot-on.  I really like those wheels, too.  A refreshing change from Panasports.

just went into town to fill the tank and did another 35 miles. this pig pulls hard and nice. a/f mix is in the mid to high 13's on a hard 2nd-3rd pull, cruises in the low 14's. seems to have a weak spot right off idle, (a/f mix 15-16) no bog, but just noticeable. needs a front end alignment and the exhaust piping tweaked a bit and welded. it sounds SWEET! no tire rub as of yet. i was a little worried about that. overall, im very happy :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sweatybetty said:

just went into town to fill the tank and did another 35 miles. this pig pulls hard and nice. a/f mix is in the mid to high 13's on a hard 2nd-3rd pull, cruises in the low 14's. seems to have a weak spot right off idle, (a/f mix 15-16) no bog, but just noticeable. needs a front end alignment and the exhaust piping tweaked a bit and welded. it sounds SWEET! no tire rub as of yet. i was a little worried about that. overall, im very happy :D

Gorgeous restoration! Are you going to add a front stabilizer bar like this pic? What are your thoughts? 

sway bar.jpg