IGNORED

sweatys rebuild

sweatybetty

13 hours ago, sweatybetty said:

new plug wires (3rd set :angry:) i like the routing better than over the valve cover. i made some brackets out of aluminum and used zip ties to hold the wires in place

Great job on the wire routing. Are the wire holders fixed onto the valve cover somehow?

Edited by dmorales-bello

" i figured out the problem there. when i pulled the distributor apart to grease the centrifugal advance, i installed the part the rotor sits on 180* off. very easy to do "

I'm glad you got it sorted!  We were all puzzled.

Here are a couple of pictures to help others who may do distributor maintenance and get mixed up like both you and I did :)

a.jpg  b.jpg

22 hours ago, dmorales-bello said:

Great job on the wire routing. Are the wire holders fixed onto the valve cover somehow?

thanks. basically, i made an angle with a hole in the short side that the valve cover bolt goes through, then i zip tied the separators to the angle. the angles are maybe 3" on the long side, 1" on the short side and 3/4" wide

GREAT JOB MAN!

I read all 11 pages and could not help but be envious and inspired at the same time. A thought kept going through my mind as if someone were standing behind me whispering " THIS GUY HAS LOTS OF TIME AND MONEY" neither of which I seem to have at least at the moment. Not to mention the fact that I have 2 little boys (1st & 3rd grade) that need most of the time I manage to not be at some stupid job or another. I made an attempt at watching the video but I guess the file was too big for my tablet too handle. You are a very innovative Z owner as are most of the people that own and put these machines together with a certain degree of enthusiast desire. Sometimes I wished we all lived in the same neighborhood, it would be easier and much more interesting than living all over this LAND of ours. You like so many others truly inspire me to move forward with my restoration. With the exception of a few we are probably all old enough to remember how these machines looked when they first hit the showrooms in the very early 70's. I was in 7th grade then and most everyone else was in the same range older or younger by a few years. Just the right period to really appreciate them as we all always have. Your workmanship is right up there with the best and the best thing about it is it is all for fun. THUMBS UP SWEATS!

Edited by esmit208
Mispellings
  • Like 1