IGNORED

sweatys rebuild

sweatybetty

Looks good.  One thing you might want to consider....  Inphoto 2.JPG the last photo with the shroud installed I can see you have it bolted directly to the radiator.  The lip on the top will be metal to metal and eventually will damage the radiator.  Put some spacers in there.  I made mine out of fuel tubing.  You can see one in this photo:

1 hour ago, sweatybetty said:

its there, just hard to see B) i put it on the edge of the shroud where it meets the tanks. no metal to metal contact

Good idea!  I think you'll find that a good cooling setup.  You won't need the second fan much.  I actually took the fuse out when I was troubleshooting some alternator issues to reduce the load and never felt the need to put it back.  Some day I'm going to put it on  a thermostat.  

not much happening lately. im still waiting on my head to get done, and the fuel tank (going on 6 weeks). so, im getting a few of the little things done

my new cam has holes for oiling so i tapped and plugged the holes in the cam towers. 6mm set screw with blue locktite, and a cap over that just in case

100_2062.JPG

100_2065.JPG

got the hood hinges powder-coated and installed

100_2066.JPG

temperature sending unit and thermo-couple switches in the lower radiator hose

100_2068.JPG

here is something i just happened to notice. these are the throttle arms off of the webers. 2 were the same length, but the 3rd was a bit longer. i bet that could cause some problems with tuning

100_2072.JPG

i finally found the correct neutral safety switch. this is a normally closed switch. it came from virginia. supposedly the only one in the usa

100_2075.JPG

new overflow tank

100_2077.JPG

and fuel pressure regulator and gauge

100_2079.JPG

• Like 1