The Z is finally completed ? - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

The Z is finally completed ?

Featured Replies

After almost 3 years of blood, sweat and tears,  the Z is complete ( well 95% it will never be 100%). There is a ton of pictures from start until now.  I know most will like and some will pick this apart, so be it.  This is my first shot at a restoration and I am very pleased with the results.  I am not afraid of comments and welcome them.  I do want to thank CZCC and the members for all the information that I have "borrowed" to make this car "better" and will continue to use.   I would  like to give a special thank you to Mystic Autobody for the paint/ body work  and Marks Custom Interiors for installation of headliner, seats and carpet. I also would like to give a big thumbs up to Motorsport auto, zcarsource, and Oliver at Zspecialties (custom 2+2 floor pans) for all the parts I needed.

 

Quick history of car: My father purchased this used in 1975 ( he had to have the 2+2  ( 3 kids)), drove it until 1982 when he got into an accident with it, sent it to body shop in 1982 where it sat in the garage until he received call in 2012 asking if he wanted the car back, I picked up the car and started the rustoration.

 

Hope you all enjoy these as much as I do.  Mike

 

 

https://goo.gl/photos/V8tJ7gMZmtjh7qUu9

 

 

 

Is it truly ever "complete", or is it just at a really good stopping point?  ;)

Nice save! The pictures tell a great story. Enjoy your Z!

Dennis

Looks great, thanks for sharing all your pictures...

 

Steve

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I love a rusty challenge but I think I would have walked away from that one, sure glad you didn't!

You have made some interesting choices and saved it from the wreckers, good man.

Chris

Like others have said, I too would have walked away from it, but I'm sure glad you didn't.  The end result is very nice an you will have a beautiful Z for years to come.  Congrats on "finishing" it.

Gotta hand it to ya. I didn't like the 2+2 until now. Job well done. Enjoy the ride.

awesome. i love it when someone can finally call a project "done" and just begin to enjoy it and tell everyone about all the stories that got it to where it is. such a great feeling!

What an absolutely gorgeous restoration! You have every right to be proud of your effort. Thanks for sharing it with us.

 

Cheers, Mike

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.