IGNORED

L28+(maxima)47 build

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I guess I left this hanging . So I started the 3.2 and I couldn’t ask for a better initial start. I had to a bit of guessing on required fuel for my ECU since I upped the cc’s. I was worried about getting a good initial idle and a good AFR to properly break in the rings . She fired right off and idled at about 1500 or more for a good 15 minutes . My fan didn’t kick on so it started to get a little warm and I shut it down . Now it was time to go load the motor with a test drive . I decided to pull the plugs to look at them and dam it if I still was getting oil in #6 . So - the only thing left is the head itself . 
 As much as I hated to do it I had to pull the head . Months later the head is still in the shop basically because the machinist has had health issues . I got a call from him here recently to come look at the head . He was scratching his head because he had pulled the guides on 6 and they were in there good, so no crack . I told him that even by the wiggle test the intake was to loose in the guide - just comparing to the exhaust side . The intake valve had more play then the exhaust . He did not have a ball gauge for that small of a guide . I stared at everything for it seemed  hours and I did find something of interest . I found some scoring at the top of the valve around the seal area. Not much , but it had a bit of an edge that I could catch a finger nail on. I told him I’d find another valve and replace the guides .

MEANWHILE - he had my P90 head there to be cleaned . Loosing faith in my MN for now I told him to touch the valves on the p90 and shave .080 off . Well he got that done first so guess what head is going on ! Might as well change the title of this thread to “Whatever runs” ! 

9F4C06F4-C555-4B92-A77C-20AF12CD8277.jpeg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...